I been in to health and fitness for a while, I got my NASM CPT(National Academy Of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer), I know about muscles, workout layouts and things of that sort. I was severely obese; I lost 138lbs to date. I still have fat to lose, about 50lbs more which would put me at about 8% body fat.
I always felt building muscle is pointless unless you can apply it. Most bodybuilders can’t run, they are slow, I am looking at things from a survival perspective. In the book he gives a few examples where gymnastic helps with lifting, but lifting doesn’t always help with gymnastics.
I just don’t understand these routines at all, I am trying to apply them in a bodybuilding fashion. As I said I am still a bit heavy, I can’t do 1 pull up, I can do some pushups but not much, maybe about 20-30.
The routine I laid out for myself is a 3 day workout. Consist of push, pull, and lower body.
Push – Puhsups, dips, and shoulders(book says hand stand pushups, but I think right now it would be best to stick to shoulder press for me).
Pull – Pullups(various hand positions) and bicep work.
Legs – I’ll just squat
Thinking of doing core/ab and lower back work at the end of push pull days. I am also working on the L-Sit I believe it's called. Going through that progression.
I tried reading other workouts before, I just don’t understand them. The acronyms/terms use, like “static work†or the “HSPU†stuff. I know now that HSPU stands for “Hand Stand Push Up†there are a lot of acronyms that throw me off. I just don’t understand the workouts that are laid out on the forums and in the book.
