Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Post Workout: Chocolate Vs Whole White Milk.

Tavis G

Joshua Naterman

Cody, I think that there is potentially a whole lot to that.

I do not know if there are different forms of gluten, and a proper sourdough fermentation process generally does make bread better for you for many of the reasons you mentioned.

I know that people who are severely gluten-intolerant generally have issues with all forms of gluten, and I do not know of any studies, whether RCT or just surveys, that have looked into whether there is a differential effect from heirloom sources.

On a very personal level, I do believe that there is something to the idea that all of our "New, improved" crops have exposed us to dietary proteins, and other compounds, that our bodies have never seen before in known history, as well as abnormal levels of chemicals like gluten that are causing us a wide variety of issues.

I also believe that there is a lot to the idea of historical exposure of ones direct ancestors to certain nutrients and food sources can influence how well you personally tolerate said food sources.

This is a very new area of nutritional science, and one that I think is going to develop quite a lot during our lifetimes and beyond.

I, too, believe that the older methods of food preparation and non-genetically modified or hybridized food sources are, together, our best shot at ideal health from nutrition.

• 4 weeks later...
ADRIANO FLORES CANO

I just wanted to say that I found my problem with asthma: MILK! 90% sure. 

3 days drinking milk here and there and bum, the other night, asthma again and inhalator again. 

I don't know if REAL milk could cause the problem, but that UHT shitty whole milk... it's another thing. It's strange because I eat butter, cheese and stuff like that, dairy products, but the problem it's just milk. Curious.

A lifelong problem solved with experimentation and knowledge about what I put on my mouth. 

From now on, PWO Shake with whey and fluits :D 

Thanks community. 

Goodbye milk :D

Joshua Naterman

Hahaha, that's awesome! It's amazing how some foods work well for others, but cause a few people serious problems. Good work figuring out (at least a part of) what was giving you your issues!

Definitely sounds like no milk for you :)

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

And that's a pity Josh, I enjoyed milk all my life, and even when I read a lot about it when I started to clean my food, I still thinking that's a good food, even perfect as a nutritional value.

And yes, it's amazing... but more amazing it's the fact that it is MILK, a traditional food that everyone consume.

Any substitution for it? Dairy products in general? 

I really enjoy yogurt's greek, for example, and don't make me problems.

Regards!

Joshua Naterman

If fermented dairy doesn't bother you, then by all means have it! Greek yogurt is tasty :)

Kefir is also an acceptable substitute for milk, but don't worry about it too much. You can get protein anywhere.

Eat greens and broccoli for calcium and you'll be fine :) 1 cup broccoli = 1 cup milk in terms of calcium, but you'll actually absorb more. Veggies are good like that!

• Upvote 2

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

If you had recieved a dollar for every "Thanks", you could be millonaire.

So, 1$ more in form of love :D

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I had cut down milk significantly the past month and my tendons and inflammation in my knees have never felt better. It seems the milk caused my knees to swell. No more milk except PWO and at school. Cut down on milk and started back in with pistol squats and my knees feel bulletproof!! I can full sprint and jump high again. I can now play basketball again and dunk without pain. Its crazy the effects that food can have on your body. I am at a loss for words. I believe is 85% of the problem is milk the other 15% is rest:D.

Joshua Naterman

Great!

It is always important for you to figure out what foods your body responds best to. In this regard, everyone is unique.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.