Beginer In Need Of Some Help

Started by dan meiri, December 29, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,846 Views

dan meiri

Hi everyone,

 

My name is Dan. I enjoyed BTGB very much and after 4 months of training decieded now is the time to join the "core"... 

 

My first ssc lasted 3 months and i have seen progress in all areas except for pullups. i would like to add that one of my goals is a OAP/OAC. 

 

I workout 3/4 times a week- 2 days on 2 days off. each workout begins with a ssc of fl,bl and planche and for the FBE i cycle between:

 

A: pullups and free HSPU.

 

B: dips and curls.

 

C: pushups and rows.

 

My question is should I traim pullups more than twice a week if my goal is a oac/oap and if so what is the best way?

 

** my main problen is the seconed part of the oac..

 

 

Adriano Augusto

Welcome Dan Meiri,

 

How's your pulling strenght? How many pullups with good form (chest to bar/chin above bar) you do? 

 

About your question, IMO you should train to move towards your pourposes, and get and OAC it's all about pulling strenght and build a foundation on connective tissue, CNS patterns and so on... it means it's not all about just doing pullups like a crazy, but foundation a good FSP (levers) helps too, rope climbing, pull ups progressions, etc. I suggest you that follow thought the BtgB progressions on pullup part and get the basics FSP/FBE, build a foundation and later will come the party triicks :D

 

A thread that might be help https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/4102-oap-oac-discussion/

dan meiri

First of allcthank you for your kind reply:)

 

The thing is i have been following the progresions- pulling wise- i can:

*  hold a stradle FL for about 5 sec

 

* i can do 30+ pull ups- chin to bar no kipping of course.

 

i can do 5*5 wide pull ups (5 sec per repetition)

 

 .....but the next progresions- the l-sit one is to hard for my hips.. and i cant hold the one arm negatives so thats out of the question...

 

Should i do negative weighted chins maybe? and with how much weight/ reps if so?

Adriano Augusto

I highly recommend you read the thread that I posted above because gymgreg's program it's that I have been following since 2 months ago for OAC and now I can hold negatives for 23/25 sec left/right arm on rings (I fell over before that), and of course those achievement are thanks to proper programming.

 

It's l-sit on your FSP program? That bad feeling on your hips maybe is due to inadequate hip flexor conditioning. Add l-sit practice, it's basic!

 

How many seconds you can hold negatives? or you fall over immediately? 5-6 sec it's the way to go at the beginning, and do sets of that time.  If you can't do negatives, do assisted negatives with band, the slower you go the better will be. Then you can try archer pullups, assisted band OAC, finger assisted, etc. 

 

And yes, you should do weighted sessions, IMO are essential lift heavy weights once a week. 

 

Repeat, read the link thread :D

dan meiri

I will do all of the above.

 

Thank u 4 your time :)