Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Matthew's Rip Remedy

matthew.percussion

matthew.percussion

So, during my first competition, I ripped on a rip. And bled.

All of the past week or so I have been dealing with quite a few rips. I think I have finally found a good rip remedy.

Immediately after you rip, wash it off, soap and water!

Then tear the loose skin away from where it is attached. (I recommend tearing over cutting it off, when you cut it there is still a small peice of the skin overlapping that is easy to rip again)

Get some Neosporin or any other tripple antibiotic ointment on it.

When you get home, soak your ripped hand in warm water with epsom salt in it. (from what I understand this helps your skin to grow back tougher, and it also makes your skin smooth =])

Dry it off and put some hand moisturizer on it.

Before bed put a generous amount of neosporin on it and cover it with a sock.

In the morning put more hand lotion on and then neosporin.

If you don't keep it moisturized it will crack and take much longer to heal.

I think that's it. If I remember anything else I'll post it.

Most of the information I have was taken from other sources, mismatched, and applied.

I've seen some positive results of using tea tree oil tea bags on a rip. I've heard of cow udder balm but never have used anything else.

Personally when I had rips back when I trained as an actual gymnast, now I'm a lazy person, I would never tear the rip off but rather cut it off with toe nail clippers etc soaking in Epsom salt, but I wouldn't use Neosporin simply because of the fact it won't callous back meaning it will heal new skin rather than have layers of dead skin, and at the same time you should control your callouses by cutting a few layers off to control the pressure it applies to your nerves. Actually I made a post or a thread about this a year ago, man its been a year and I haven't progressed as much as I should have, sorry to be off topic.

Everyone has their own opinion on rips, I also use to throw a pound of chalk on my rips because when your conditioning that's basically all you can do.