I was just wondering, how are you supposed to progress to an advanced L-sit from a regular L-sit?
I currently have a 35-40 second regular L-sit and would like to progress forward to an advanced L-sit, seeing that it is the next step after regular L. However, my problem is that I just can't push my hips forward at all. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get my hips to be in line with my wrists. This happens even when I have my legs in a tuck. I have tried this on the floor as well as on the PB with the same result each time. Whenever I try, I just end up leaning back a lot with little or no forward movement of the hips.
So I guess my question is, what are some exercises/tips which I could use to help improve my ability to push my hips forward?
Also, are your legs supposed to remain horizontal to the ground in an advanced L-sit? The accompanying text in BtGB seems to suggest so, but the athlete in the picture has his legs slightly above horizontal. I've also seen videos on youtube of people doing an advanced L-sit and their legs are also slightly above horizontal.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions. ![]()