Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Easter Egg Hints

Scott Malin

Yaad Mohammad

The Easter Egg is the status you receive after you perform a series of exercises correctly and it is checked by one of the staff members!

Edit:

And those series of exercises are doing the WOD correctly for 2 weeks!

Larry Roseman

Just tuning into this now. No bunny in this hunt.

New hint: We don't know you're really training hard unless you show us.

I would think this involves posting a video or photo in the workout log perhaps in video coaching.

• 3 weeks later...

At this rate, the winner will have to attend the September seminar. Two people are so close but missing something that would take only minutes. :(

At this rate, the winner will have to attend the September seminar. Two people are so close but missing something that would take only minutes. :(

Well, guys, whoever you are: post a picture in the gallery!

Joshua Slocum

It'd be nice to have some sort of feedback  <_<

As it is, it's impossible to tell if you've done anything right!

- Does it require any cross-site actions? (E.g. "like us on facebook" or "subscribe to the youtube channel"?)

- Do you have to link your facebook or google account to your GB account?

- Are there any quantitative requirements, other than the aforementioned 2 weeks' logs? E.g. "must have at least 2 photo galleries; must have liked 10 posts in the past 20 days"?

- Is the egg hidden in the sense that even after fulfilling other requirements, one must search for it? Or will its presence be conspicuous once one as completed the logs and other requirements? 

If I just post 1 of these in every thread, does that count?  :not_the_easter_egg:

It'd be nice to have some sort of feedback  <_<

As it is, it's impossible to tell if you've done anything right!

An Easter Egg is meant to be hidden. As it is, the process is quite simple to find it, members are simply not thinking about it from the right perspective.

- Does it require any cross-site actions? (E.g. "like us on facebook" or "subscribe to the youtube channel"?)

- Do you have to link your facebook or google account to your GB account?

No, it is entirely contained within the website and requires nothing beyond it.

- Are there any quantitative requirements, other than the aforementioned 2 weeks' logs? E.g. "must have at least 2 photo galleries; must have liked 10 posts in the past 20 days"?

All the requirements are unique: and I won't give anything further away.

- Is the egg hidden in the sense that even after fulfilling other requirements, one must search for it? Or will its presence be conspicuous once one as completed the logs and other requirements? 

It's an event that happens when you've done everything to find/trigger it. It's quite obvious. 

If I just post 1 of these in every thread, does that count?  :not_the_easter_egg:

haha, no.

Joshua Slocum

An Easter Egg is meant to be hidden. As it is, the process is quite simple to find it, members are simply not thinking about it from the right perspective.

Sure, but it's hard to justify spending time looking for this sort of thing if you don't even know whether your workout log is good enough to count.

And I'm not really sure what else I would be doing if I were "Making the most of what has been taught and giving an honest effort to follow and thus succeed". It doesn't really feel like I've been neglecting anything...

No, it is entirely contained within the website and requires nothing beyond it.

All the requirements are unique: and I won't give anything further away.

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.  :)

It's an event that happens when you've done everything to find/trigger it. It's quite obvious. 

haha, no.

It was worth a shot. Maybe my new signature will help  :D

I am guessing from the hints that you will probably have to take a video of what you are doing in your workout logs so that the moderators will see what you are working on from what they have given. I don't particularly want to start a workout log but at this point, I would like to see someone win!

Sure, but it's hard to justify spending time looking for this sort of thing if you don't even know whether your workout log is good enough to count.

And I'm not really sure what else I would be doing if I were "Making the most of what has been taught and giving an honest effort to follow and thus succeed". It doesn't really feel like I've been neglecting anything...

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.  :)

It was worth a shot. Maybe my new signature will help  :D

Two weeks of legitimate entries in the workout log. It doesn't require an extensive entry, but the code is smart enough to know if someone tries to post garbage or a bunch of random key words.

Joshua Slocum

Two weeks of legitimate entries in the workout log. It doesn't require an extensive entry, but the code is smart enough to know if someone tries to post garbage or a bunch of random key words.

What I meant is that, even having recorded much more than two weeks worth of real workout logs, there's no way for me to know if the log-checking system considers them 'legitimate'. Maybe I've been using the wrong acronyms, or not all my posts have the right keywords.

It's hard to motivate oneself to sit down and go 'egg hunting' without knowing if it's even possible to find the egg!

Please note that I am not whining, and I'm not asking for additional hints. I'm offering feedback. To me, it seems unreasonable to be expected to meet a very complex set of requirements (must post X times within Y time period; posts must fulfill some complex yet unspecified constraints on content) that also take a long time to complete, yet never receive any feedback telling me I'm doing the right thing. Even something very simple, like an easter egg appearing next to your workout log when it is 'legitimate', or one easter egg appearing in the user CP for each requirement that has been met, would go a long way towards encouraging more active searching. Perhaps everything is as you intended it to be: if so, that's fine. If you wanted to encourage more participation in the hunt, I think that providing more user feedback would help tremendously. 

I am guessing from the hints that you will probably have to take a video of what you are doing in your workout logs so that the moderators will see what you are working on from what they have given. I don't particularly want to start a workout log but at this point, I would like to see someone win!

I do that already; if it is a requirement, it's not sufficient. 

Hari,

You're over-thinking it. Except for someone trying to cheat the system, member workout logs are going to be fine. 

I could do a warm-cold thing, but given how close some people are (and how seemingly oblivious), it pretty much gives it away for them while significantly decreasing everyone else's chances.

Piotr Ochocki

&amp;nbsp;

Mention those nicknames and then enjoy watching them going crazy trying to find the last step ;).

Btw, was that Easter Egg 2012 or 2013?, I forgot already.

Joshua Slocum

Hari,

You're over-thinking it. Except for someone trying to cheat the system, member workout logs are going to be fine.

I could do a warm-cold thing, but given how close some people are (and how seemingly oblivious), it pretty much gives it away for them while significantly decreasing everyone else's chances.

Ok, sorry for being paranoid :)

Ok, sorry for being paranoid :)

Guess we keep doing our own thing and hoping to strike it by chance.

I haven't thought about this for quite a while.

Quick Start Test Smith

I don't have a horse in this race, but I think it's better to just let it eventually happen rather than to make it happen through excessive hints. Someone will find it eventually !

Quick Start Test Smith

Sure, I bet it will be found before July 4. :D Intentionally leaves out year...

Joshua Slocum

I feel like I've tried everything. Clearly I'm thinking about this entirely the wrong way. 

But after that and two other aspects of the necessary hard work has been put in,

the path to the reward becomes clear.

Making the most of what has been taught

and giving an honest effort to follow and thus succeed.

The mystery remains....