Here is a question I've been thinking about lately and I'd like to get people's opinions:
I've trained in all sorts of gyms: olympic lifting, as a college athlete I trained in Div. I weight room, powerlifting, commercial gyms etc.
I've found one thing to be true. Anyone who possesses great bodyweight strength usually as defined by high tension gymnast moves is almost always the most "yoked" gym in the room and usually one of the leanest as well.
So are leaner stronger people more attracted to feats of bodyweight strength? Because this is the argument I see used on campus with regards to a big running back, a tall bball player, a lean 100m sprinter. Or is the nature of bodyweight exercise somehow causing such dramatic results.
I believe that is has to do with bodyweight exercise which moves a body at tension through space, rather than some other object. I know when I got back into bodyweight moves I immediately got leaner at the same weight despite not changing my diet. And I already trained with weights and sprinting 5x a week.
What are everyone's thoughts on this?