Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New diet etc

Anthony Traher

Anthony Traher

Hi guys,

I'm new to gymnastics training and dieting and in terms of proper dieting im completely confused.

I do allot of training not just gymnastics and will soon be adding weight lifting to help supplement my training unless you guys think that that would be detrimental. To this end I have lost weight im under 70kg which is pretty scary to be honest but now I dont think I have enough food going in to help build muscle/strength when doing the body weight exercises im trying. Im kinda weedy looking even though i can muscle up and hold a planche for a fraction of a second.

I want to gain weight and I know I should have in that case a calorific surplus after training etc should I be looking at protein shakes to help supplement my diet?

Or have I got this all wrong? I dont know if anyone has any advice that might help out.

Cheers,

eating to gain mass is simple. it is also not always healthy, especially if done in the conventional fashion, so don't read any bodybuilding magazines.

you want to eat plenty of lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. protein shakes are unnecessary to gain muscle, but a heatlhy option if you'd like to use them. eat a lot of healthy food, and, most importantly, educate yourself on the subject of nutrition. I suggest you read some books by Dr. Jonny Bowden, namely The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth. IdoPortal is also a knowledgeable person on the subject of nutrition here on the forum, you may want to PM him for suggestions on diet/further reading material.

also realize that in order for a muscle to grow, a certain level of volume(there is no exact amount) must be achieved during each workout. for instance, one set of three reps will not cause much muscle growth, but 5-10 sets may do the trick.

this is a journey, so treat it as such and learn everything you can! good luck training!

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.