Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Website & Forums on Friday November 9th

Scott Malin

Just curious, is the easter egg up on the website now?

Yes. Whomever finds it first will be very pleased. :)

David Picó García

Nice, finally i can read the web on my iphone, since now i had to do it throw google reader/flipboard :D

I also would like the view new post feature if its not implemented (it was my favorite browser link)

Yes. Whomever finds it first will be very pleased. :)

And not a single college term paper was written that day...or the next day...or the next day...

:D

I have no idea of what this "easter egg" is supposed to be, but I can't seem to find anything :P

It's meant to be a challenge. I'll give hints once a week until we have a winner. First one will be in 6 days.

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

This change is absolutly great! The two pictures are awesome and looks like this forum isn't just "gymnastics", but everything related to movement.

Best wishes from Andalucia, Spain ;D

It's not really a ranking system, think of it more like testing for a martial arts belt. This will happen as soon as we release the first round of new products. Only a little more patience is required. :)

• Upvote 1

Yaad Mohammad

It's not really a ranking system, think of it more like testing for a martial arts belt. This will happen as soon as we release the first round of new products. Only a little more patience is required. :)

No problem, I've got patience, although I'm really excited. Please correct me if I am wrong, but will that "ranking system" costs any money? I read that Coach Sommer said something like that, I'm not sure though. If so, how much?

The exact price hasn't been decided. The price goes directly towards paying the staff member who spends their time reviewing the test video. We're striving to balance it so its fair to both staff and the member testing the level.

Yaad Mohammad

The exact price hasn't been decided. The price goes directly towards paying the staff member who spends their time reviewing the test video. We're striving to balance it so its fair to both staff and the member testing the level.

Will it be something you pay only once or a monthly payment?

Yaad Mohammad

Most likely pay per level. It makes it less expensive if someone doesn't intend to test every level.

I'm not really a fan of this to be honoust. I liked the ranking system because I believed it would encourage some people and it would help us recognize the good ones. If one is incredibly good and wants to be tested for every level to show what he is capable of, he has to pay more. This seems very discouraging. I just hope it won't be 10 dollars or something per level.

I would volunteer to judge on the ranking, but I realise that you can't just trust a stranger with something like this. You guys could however make a poll-system. Someone posts a video of the requirements and then the members decide if he earns it with a poll. A simple yes and no. But this is just an idea and I understand if you're not going to use it!

Whether or not a member passes a level will only be decided by one of a couple capable staff members trained directly by Coach Sommer. We're going to have very high quality control on this. At low levels one can get away with small errors in performance, but it quickly catches up to you. As disappointing as it would be to miss a level, it's a disfavor to the person to waste their time down the road having to revisit basics.

Here's the issue with testing costs: we either do an all or nothing system that's more costly and had to be paid in full upfront, or we make smaller fees per level that can be paid over time. Our primary concern is making it fair to both the staff and member.

I don't have numbers right now, that will come as soon as we're ready to release the system. But we intend to make it reasonable.

Quick Start Test Smith

Not sure how much I like the whole graduate thread concept. I think a fairly large percentage of the forum can't (and won't for a long time) be able to afford to attend a seminar. In my opinion, it presents the members who can't make such an expenditure no choice in whether they can advance in their online studies. Perhaps the announcement that Coach has planned will change how I feel, though...

Edit: Perhaps a level can replace graduate status?

• Upvote 1

Quick Start Test Smith

As far as the ranking levels go, it seems to me that if there are specific requirements for a level (floor planche, front lever, and back lever for example) then even if there were a lower level (tuck planche, tuck front lever, and tuck back lever for example), you could test for the level with the highest abilities you had. In other words, if you can do a planche instead of a tuck planche, why should you test for "tuck planche" level? You should be able to go straight to "planche" level.

This decreases the amount of money paid for the testing, though, which may present a problem for GB. Why not just add 30-50% of 1 level test per level skipped plus the charge for the level the person is testing for?

Example:

Bob wants to test for level 3, but doesn't want to test for 2 first. Say each test costs $50. Bob tests for 3 (does all skills required for level 3) but pays $50 for test 3 and 25$ extra for level 2 which he is skipping.

This way, you don't have to test for each level, but you do have to pay SOMETHING for each level progressed or skipped.

The main problem I can think of for this is that people will wait a long time before testing so they can get 50% off on most of the tests. The solution to this problem is to give them an incentive to test sooner rather than later. Then again, if you give them too much of an incentive, they might go too fast and get injured...

What do you think, Cory?

Not sure how much I like the whole graduate thread concept. I think a fairly large percentage of the forum can't (and won't for a long time) be able to afford to attend a seminar. In my opinion, it presents the members who can't make such an expenditure no choice in whether they can advance in their online studies. Perhaps the announcement that Coach has planned will change how I feel, though...

The graduate log change is mostly because we want to promote discussion of the seminar material. That won't happen with logs being split between two forums and having to edit out not-yet-released material. The graduate studies forum exists because training has to be taught in order--it's a disservice to release something out to the public without the full text or the benefit of hands-on training to teach it. We want to make you guys stronger than 99% of the planet, and from a coaching perspective, that means giving the right information at the right time.

Just wait for the announcement. There is method behind it all. Everything we have planned for the website and brand is aimed at individual success and not to leave someone out because they can't attend a seminar. :)