Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

US Jr National Team Training Camp

Coach Sommer

That expericence sounds like an amazing week of serious training! I know that it is do to your hard work as a coach and student that you and Allan get to learn from the best and mastermind with high level gymnast and coaches. I was only hoping as a young and aspiring Coach of a future such athlete that was there any information or analysis you have as a whole that our program is applying or looking for or maybe a drill or 2 that you thought was a weakness of our system that really helped ? Any thoughts or nuggets shared are always appreciated and good luck in your preseason effort for the upsoming season!

Great question.

The answer will probably be disappointing to you as it is something that is said repeatedly, however it is also something very few actually address. The biggest oversight of most young coaches is not focusing enough on mastering bodyline and perfect fundamentals.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I appreciate your feedback, it makes my glad that I can honestly say that most of my first half of practice is geared toward this idea. We spend an least 30 to 45 minutes working handstand shaping , handstand lines, low single rail handstand and turning work, also I have been spending more time with posterior should work trying to keep this balance of protration and retraction for good shoulder extention in the tumbling and swing work on pbar and highbar.

Thanks Coach