Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some rings questions.

Yaad Mohammad

Larry Roseman
The first bit only though. Do you mean that?

That's very good. But no, it was different. Yours was straight arm or very clos. His was with the arms bent up to the top of a pull-up position on the front lever side, in an advanced tuck. From what i recall. Now I'm not even sure what I saw. Sorry I don't have a clip!

See you were trying to do a kip to support? 

Yaad Mohammad
That's very good. But no, it was different. Yours was straight arm or very clos. His was with the arms bent up to the top of a pull-up position on the front lever side, in an advanced tuck. From what i recall. Now I'm not even sure what I saw. Sorry I don't have a clip!

See you were trying to do a kip to support? 

I think I know what you mean. Basically what I did, but with bent arms and advanced tuck instead of straight arms and  straight body.

I wasn't really trying anything, was just messing around. I got a much better Muscle-Up now :)

Karri Kytömaa

I hate this "skin the cat" -mess and I wonder how also oldies here mix it up. If it still isn't clear, here it is in short:

Coach uses skin the cat as a synonym to position officially know as German hang, nothing else.

In other literature/over the net skin the cat also refers to movement that starts from dead hang, goes to German hang and returns. Usually it doesn't matter whether you do it tuck/pike or straight. Thus there are many ways to skin the cat.

Just to keep the communication clear and coherent in this forum, I'd suggest we all use the term as Coach. It's possible to use the phrase skinning the cat when referring to the movement, though for training purposes it's the same as doing 360 pulls [add body position] which I hope everyone here knows.

/end my random rant  :D