Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When to move to l-sit work on rings?

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

well, i have this doubt, my current regular l-sit on floor is about 35- 40 secs, my 45° v-sit is about 15-20 secs, and my rings support RTO about 45° is somewhere between 45-50 secs

I work them in a separated way...

Would you recommend me to begin to work l-sit on rings? or should i get more volume on those basics before begininf to work l-sit on rings??

thanks for answering

Karri Kytömaa

Well directly according the book you have L-sit, advanced L-sit and XR L-sit. Recommendation is to get 60s L-sit, though I'm not sure it applies to harder variations, I believe so.

So I'd suggest to get good advanced L-sit at least close to 60s and you want to have easy 60s ring support. Then the combination will really develop some strength.

Much above the ring work is separate from other GB work, part of what Coach Sommer calls ring strength. It starts with getting a solid support hold. Then to the other XR variations in the book. This wasn't made clear in the first edition, and will be very clear in the second.

For now, think of the non-XR elements from L >> Straddle L >> Manna as forming a progression family.

Much above the ring work is separate from other GB work, part of what Coach Sommer calls ring strength. It starts with getting a solid support hold. Then to the other XR variations in the book. This wasn't made clear in the first edition, and will be very clear in the second.

For now, think of the non-XR elements from L >> Straddle L >> Manna as forming a progression family.

thanks Cole, then i'm gonna stick to the straddle and manna work =)

Would you recommend me to still working rings support as part of my FSP? or might be enough the work they receive when i work rign dips?

Thanks

Karri Kytömaa

Definitely work your ring support. Maybe after you hit full minute and that should be quite effortless, then you can trust your ring dips to keep it that way as maintenance.

Also remember there are swinging supports and support swings to challenge yourself in the support position. Really effective and also fun things to do! :wink: