I recently changed my back lever hold to palms facing down and it has been putting a lot of pressure on my biceps and elbows. I cannot hold a full back lever with palms facing down, so I usually end my back lever fsp work with at least two full back levers with palms facing up (in order to work the core and chest more than the flat tuck I can do with palms facing up).
The switch in hand position, has made it almost impossible for me to work on my muscle ups. My elbows and biceps are way too tired after the fsp work and I cannot do a muscle up in good form. Elbows seem way too tired, and forcing it only makes me feel a slow pain creeping up and lingering for a few days.
Is this normal?
Will it go away with time as my elbows and biceps get used to the new back lever position I am working?
Should I stop training the muscle up as my elbows adjust and the pain starts to dissipate?
Can I work on another element that would benefit my muscle up work during this time?
Is it better to scale down the hands facing down version of the back lever and go back to working the hands facing up more to ease the pressure on my elbows and keep working on muscle ups?
Sorry for the machine gun questions, but I am unsure which road would lead to better, safer progress all around. I train FSP's every gym day (3xweek) and usually work on muscle ups once a week. But that has lately been 1x week trying to work on muscle ups and alternating something easier since I could not complete the work. ![]()