Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Future Stars Video

Jacob Marks

Here are Joshua's Routines 2 weeks out from the Regional Championship, these have been 18 months in the process , he is looking the make the Jr National Developmental Team for the 2nd time!

RLfisRASkZI

Hmm. Interesting. A bit more shoulder extension flexibility than shoulder flexion flexibility which shows in some of his floor HS work.

Still rocking the mop, eh? Heh. This kid must frustrate the heck out of you sometimes. Sometimes he has good toe point and sometimes...it's kinda there. Seems to be fine on apparatus though a bit wonky on the horse.

Reaching for his knees in the back tuck is killing his height a bit.

Some slightly pikey swing in his PB front swing.

Not sure if it matters, as I'd have to go look through the scoring rules of FutureStars but his ring MU was not done from full extension. Would be a ding if it was L5 even though he did it by himself after you let go of him.

Blair

All you point are very well taken

Future Stars is a very big balance between being agressive in the swings and very super clean , most always about technical excellence.

We do many routines with the wrist band in between the feet but on horse that is kinda hard. I m not sure what wonky means but this was not one of his better routines.

We do a ton of shoulder flexablity and are constantly trying to open the line in the shoulders actively.

In the FS routine on floor it is tough to find that balance of showing a strong tuck open and not grabbing too early. But that will be something that we will definatley work on.

I think he is still learningn how to over grip the rings with grips and hang all the way sometime he rushes and it would def be a deduction in level 5 for not hanging all the way before the muscle up.

Thanks again for your time and critique we will definatley work on all these points!

Yep, doing a false grip with grips is such a pain in the butt.

Wonky means crooked or "off" but I generally often use it to mean "not correct."

You know how it is with circles. As you get tired, the circles start breaking form.