For the last few months, I've been doing a FSP workout about three times a week, with intermittent dynamic strength workouts coming from various other activities I do, and some at home. I used to do sets of two straddle press handstands in a workout with other dynamics, but I hadn't done any of them for a couple months, up until about two weeks ago.
I used to occasionally have wrist problems after press to handstands (coming from the immense strain on the wrist) that would go away after a day or two with some care. Knowing this, I always warmed up by wrists quite a bit. About two weeks ago, I wanted to see if I could still do them at all, and seeing that I could, I started doing sets of two again in a workout that same day. After the second or so set, my wrist pain came back! So I stopped doing them, thinking to let it heal (with some rehab), it would go back to normal, I'd do a ton more wrist prep, and it'd all be okay.
It hasn't gone away, for over two weeks. The issue is like this: whenever I press on the pads at the top of my palm toward the top of my wrist (as if leaning forward in a pushup position) I feel pain from the top of my metacarpals (pads opposite knuckles) right down to my wrist. In no other position do I feel pain. I can still do wrist pushups etc, anything that doesn't press my wrist back. To a certain extent I can bend my fingers back toward the top of my wrist without discomfort, but that's just cause the knuckles bend backwards and the wrist itself doesn't move much.
It's been two weeks now and it's persisting, has anyone ever encountered this problem, or have any suggestions?
I've tried gentle stretching, joint distraction stretching with a band (seemed to me like it might some sort of compression issue, so I figured that would help, though I've lost my band so I only got to do that for about a week), other wrist prep, but nothing has noticeably improved the situation. I'm getting quite discouraged, as I can't do handstands, bridges, pushups, pretty much anything on my hands without fear of inflaming it further. I've stopped training parkour as well due to the high wrist impact that is often involved. Ideas?