Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Casein Vs. Mass gainer

fernandez123

If I want to pack on some pounds with a little help from supplements, is it better to take gold standard whey+casein or do i just go straight with mass gainers such as serious mass?

Neither. Mass gainer is a ton of carbs and buying casein is a waste of money, you can just drink milk. The best nutrition you can get is from food, not supplements. Focus on that and you'll be golden.

Eat more meals, watch your macros. Just eat at a surplus and pay attention to your pre and post workout meals. My little secret is to have a glass of whole milk (or 2%) mixed with whey after meals. Also eat your veggies.

Milk is 80% Casein and 20% Whey. Besides allergy issues the only problem could be is the carbs and calories.

Casein is probably pretty good for a pre sleep protein shake. I generally just prefer to make some eggs or meat and call it good. That's also because Casein is like $15/lb.

Supplements like protein powder are mainly about convenience though Whey is pretty super awesome as are some other supplements.

To mass gain, just eat something carby. You could eat buckwheat like Josh or rice or potatoes, whatever that you can handle. Or chocolate milk using whole milk. That is a lot of calories and carbs (and sugar).

Joshua Naterman

Gaining lean mass = eating enough calories + working out hard + proper PWO nutrition. That's all it takes. You don't need supplements, though a whey shake immediately PWO with 40-80g of carbs will help.

Outside of immediately PWO, you can pretty much do it all with food and be better for it, as many have said and many will continue to say.

Try to remember that people got buff before hormones and bottles of powder were for sale, and what they did was work hard + eat a lot.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.