Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coach Sommer's Athletes

rambo5501

Even though I follow my own diet about 95% strictly, I would want to know if you Coach Sommer Put your athletes in a diet you prescribe them. Or you just let them eat w/e. Or you give them some guide lines.

Thanks.

My Athlete's Diet

My athletes' diet is not something that is under my control; all I can do is recommend.

I stress to them to avoid soda, sugar and junk foods as much as possible. I encourage them to increase their healthy fats, fish oil, lean protein and vegetable intake while attempting to reduce empty carbs. My national champion receives nutritional counseling at the US Olympic Training Center on a regular basis. In addition, I have brought in several nutritionists to the gym to work with my athletes. Despite all of this, the improvements in their dietary habits have been moderate at best; they are still teenagers in a culture that reveres fast food.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

My Athlete's Diet

. Despite all of this, the improvements in their dietary habits have been moderate at best; they are still teenagers in a culture that reveres fast food.

Pretty much the same in college. You can set a football player down at a buffet but...

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.