Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 day split critique. And a couple questions.

Nickk

Just posting to see if this current split is to much or to little for me right now. I think it is spot on at the moment, im tired after my workouts but not exhausted.

All three days have a 5 minute warmup using jump rope. Wrist stretching using the the floor, hamstring and quads, shoulders, and a set of 10 pushups to get the elbows warmed up.

FSP's (Before FBE's each day)

L-sit (Floor) 3 sets of 10 seconds.

Handstand (Belly to wall) 3 sets of 20 seconds.

German hang (Was 3x20 with back tuck lever but realized my palms were facing up instead of in and I tweaked my elbow) 3x20

Ring Support (Rings turned 45 degrees) 3x20

False grip hang (Rings) 3x20

FBEs (All exercises are 3x5 with 4 minute breaks in between)

Mon: Russian Dip (To elbows, not strong enough yet for underside of arm)

Bulgarian Ring Pushups

Pike Box pushups

Wen: Leg Raises

Half Glute hamraises

Single Legged Squats (Non graduated

Fri: Wide Grip pullups

Muscle Up Negatives

Barbell Curls

So besides asking if this plan is sufficient enough I also have a couple of other questions if anyone doesn't mind answering.

1. Should I incorporate the straddle FSP? If so why?

2. About two weaks ago I tweaked my elbow pretty good, I was able to do a full dead hang muscle up when I was testing out a new pair of wooden rings I wanted to buy at Roguefitness HQ but realized the form was sloppy (elbows were way out, did this about 4 times before when I was practicing half hang muscle ups.) I obviously got excited and over worked my elbow when it wasn't ready for them yet. So I have layed off of it for the first weak, did basic pushups of 3x15 three times a week during the second week and now I did a toned down version of my monday workout and didn't feel anything until the workout was over which was some mild tightness, no pain, elbow feels good today. Taking vitamin c and glucosamine to recover. Should I be fine to implement lower second sets of my FSPs next week along with my normal FBE?

3. When is it ok to incorporated front lever work? I tryed a tuck version and it felt great. Should I just wait and build up to a 60 second l-sit or do Front lever work along with L-sits?

Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Split's alright. It's only 1 day a week of pressing, pulling, and legs but that's your choice.

I would do negative Russian Dips instead of just to elbow. Or do them in a band.

You could easily add in some FL work. Tuck FL is probably easier than L work. You aren't really doing a lot of L work right now but if that is what you can handle then just stay right there.

Straddle-L is good for the hips, it's hard on the abs though. I would do it but keep in mind you won't really progress far with it. Again, it's mostly about the hips at this point. You could also just do seated straddle leg lifts or holds instead.