Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

High calories + low omega 6

Colin Bean

Colin Bean

Hi, I'm trying to put on a bit of mass at the minute as I've been stuck at a plateau for a while now (currently about 180lbs @ 6'3").

The only real carbs I normally eat is a sweet potatoe pre workout, then some dextrose around workout/post workout and milk. I'm not really sure if milk is a good idea or not but I dont think I have any problems with it, I have however started to buy raw milk even though it's costing me a small fortune. I try to eat as many vegetables as possible but I never count these as calories.

Anyway, my question is, what do people eat to bump up their calories. Fat seems like the obvious choice but if I'm eating lots of nuts etc isn't my omega 6 intake going to become way to high?

Thanks for reading and any replies.

James Babers

I drink a lot of milk on workout days, because it's so easy to get a lot calories with it. Also, I eat a lot of butter, 1 or 2 sticks on workout days in mashed potatoes or with vegetables or something. One of my favorite things to do is, microwave a bowl of frozen spinach with just a bunch of coconut oil (the kind I get is largely tasteless), the spinach absorbs it really well so it's not like I'm just drinking the stuff. Other than that I just eat a lot of eggs, meat, fruit, vegetables, rice, potatoes, and whey. Hope this helps.

Richard Duelley

For gaining weight I am a big fan of the simple double feed. Nothing glamorous just take your lunch, for example, and make it twice and eat it all. No need to over think it. If you are hitting a plateau, and your weight is stable, and you find that you cant gain any more its most likely that you simply are not eating enough.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.