I´ve started doing the basic gymnast moves around 5 months ago, no rings but stuff like front/back-level,L-sits, static planche and handstand, pseudo planche pushups. Besides that I also do pullups, dips sometimes body/barbellrows and "fake" handstand pushups between chairs(where you have you feet on a chair and the butt upp in the air.) After started training after almost a two week break due to a cold I felt some pain in my left shoulder, it hurts when doing overhead work like a militarypress, also dips but regular pushups feel better but not totally pain free. Also if I have a barbell on my back on do squats I feel pain in my shoulder when holding the bar in that position, especially because I train at home and have to lift the barbell myself and lower it behind my neck due to no squat rack.
I thought to myself maybe I had created some imbalance due to doing to much push/shoulder movements and to little for the back of the shoulder and the back. It´s hard to dexcribe exactly where the pain is, if doing overhead work it feels somewhere deep in the front/middle shoulder, but with squats or pushups also somewhere in the posterior shoulder. If I do this stretch I feel some pain in the posterior shoulder, especially if holding my palm to the floor and if the arm is above my chin or higher.
I have started doing these stretches described by one member here,
I feel no pain when doing pullups or front/backlevel, mabe slight if doing heavier barbell rows, pushups I also do because I´ve heard they are good for shoulderhealth and doesn´t feel so much pain is warmed up. My questions is, should I stop doing any form of pressingwork and only concentrating on my back? I guess my main problem is to know exactly what this problem is due to and how to handle it. It´s been like this for 5 weeks now. I`m confused what to do to fix it, most articles about shoulderpain is about doing things like internal/external rotations and a bunch of different shrugs, but´s it confusing when I don´t know exactly where I need to focus and what type of exercises is helping most. I also train at home so have only access to a barbell and not a bunch of dumbells or machines. I read this article below and realized it may not be so simple to just balance pushing and pullingmovements, so I also wondering what type of exercises should you always do to keep your shoulders healthy that I may have neglected, is a bunch of different shrugs and rotations someything you should do only in rehab or also in regular training, or what is enough to do so to speak to keep your shoulder healthy.