I have uneven shoulders but am having a hard time describing or properly diagnosing my imbalance or disfunction. It seems most imbalances I read about are regarding hunched over shoulders from too much time in front of the computer or overdeveloping the chest.
When I relax my arms at my side, my left shoulder is higher than my right and my right hand is slightly in front of where my left hand rests and so my right shoulder looks to rest a bit more forward than my left. If I raise my right shoulder to be in line with my left, then the traps look uneven due to it being used to fix the misalignment. However, if I flex my left lat, my shoulder comes down to be level to my right shoulder without anything else looking visually imbalanced (though I haven't seen from the back). Just bringing my right shoulder back seems to visually balance the hand position.
As best as I can tell, my hips are level but my abs are crooked, or staggered. The left side of my abs are slightly higher than the right.
The imbalance is even more obvious when I do shoulder dislocates as my left shoulder comes up higher than my right even though the bar is horizontal to the ground. If I try to keep my shoulders level, the bar will not be horizontal. The shoulders also look different when rotating through the transition point at the back. It looks as if the left arm goes back more and rotates before the right side when going back. So maybe it's a lack of right shoulder flexibility?
My best guess as to how this imbalance developed goes back to my childhood when it was cool to wear your backpack (or bookbag as we called it back then) on only one shoulder, which I favored my right since it was my dominant side.
I was wondering if you guys could help me to describe what my imbalances are so that I can start looking for solutions to fixing them. I am also optimistic that my crooked abs can be fixed to be more symmetric if the shoulder imbalances are addressed.
Thanks!