Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PWO meals an HGH

Edward Smith

I was re-reading, skimming, through Protein Power today. In the exercise section it talks about Human Growth Hormone and things that stimulate it and things that inhibit it, in the list of things that inhibit it it says increased blood glucose and they go onto mention that you shouldn't eat within an hour after exercise, especially carbs. A very quick overview of what each one promotes:

PWO Meal

-quick recovery

-extremely sensitive state

HGH

-anti-aging effects (better skin, stronger, hair, etc)

-is anabolic (muscle building/preserving)

-growth (in people still growing)

What are your thoughts?

Ed

hgh in levels that are normally found in people are not significantly correlated with strength or muscle hypertrophy... hgh has the anabolic effects when taken in large quantities exogenously... i would not worry about eating to affect your hormone levels... the research is very inconclusive... the best thing that science has found is to eat a mixed meal... fats, carbs and protein... people argue the percentages...

remember hormones do many things throughout the body besides help muscle protein synthesis and the neoromuscular adaptations that take place... hormones are dependant upon binding proteins and receptors to work... altering hormone levels can have very strong side effects...

HGH is expelled through out your bodies while you sleep. Of course as you age you don't get as much. If you have sleep problems you will get less. There is a period in time when a lot of hgh was running through our bodies, it is called puberty.

HGH while all the things you said also increase bone density, and more. Barry Bonds when he was kind of new to baseball, while I don't know the exact measurement lets say his hat size was 15. Well now he uses a hat size 18. There is NO way a man could have had his skull size increased at that age naturally. He probably took HGH, thus increasing bone density.

I would not recommend taking things saying to increase HGH. You can increase it by, high intensity workouts, nice sleep, before going to sleep not eating many carbs, having a nice diet, etc etc.

Sorry I feel I have not made my query clear. HGH is stimulated by many factors, two significant ones are a low-carb diet and exercise. I am wondering whether eating a PWO meal (high in carbs, relatively) would inhibit the release of HGH after a workout and whether the advantages of one outweighs the other.

Ed

Sorry I feel I have not made my query clear. HGH is stimulated by many factors, two significant ones are a low-carb diet and exercise. I am wondering whether eating a PWO meal (high in carbs, relatively) would inhibit the release of HGH after a workout and whether the advantages of one outweighs the other.

Ed

Not a low-carb diet, you can eat a good amount of carbs throughout the day, just about 4 hrs to sleep limit them close to 0. When you sleep you get more HGH than after a workout.

If you do a very intense workout, HIT, Sprints, Crossfit, ect. After the workout your hormonels will be elevated (also when you go to sleep the end result will be higher). After you do a workout your body needs glucose and glycogen, the fastest way to get it is through carbs. I will continue this later....

Edit: Ok back had to leave the comp for a while.

The point i'm trying to make is if you want your HGH higher, sleep a good 8 hrs, train intensively, and don't eat carbs before bed, is not complicated.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.