Hi guys, just have a question about getting the most of out my training.
Lately i have been doing a split type routine, where i do upper body gymnastics strength stuff one day, and my legs another day (weights). The reason for this is that my goals for these two parts of the body are slightly different. For my upper body I am more looking to gain strength whereas with my legs I am looking to gain size.
At the moment I am considering changing my routine to do a whole body workout each time. I read somewhere that for overall gains in strength, doing a whole body workout is more effective than a split type routine like I have been doing. what are your thoughts?
It just seems to me like in order to incude legs in my gymnastics routine I would have to sacrifice one pushing and one pulling exercise to accommodate this due to time - otherwise i would be at the gym for hours! Just want to know what you guys think would be best. Should I stick with my upper body/lower body split like I have been doing? or should I go for more of a whole body routine where I include my legs?