This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

beasty boy Work Out Log

Started by Fed X, May 14, 2012 · 587 Replies · 5,265 Views

Fed X

Chin Ups & Pull Ups @ 40lbs

10x3=30

13x1=13

^dead hangers strict full ROM^

strict full ROM Dips @ 40lbs

20x2=40

25x2=50

Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x1=10

15x1=15

20x1=20

Military Press @ 146lbs

5,6=11

Fed X

BW Pull Ups & Chin Ups

10x3=30

^dead hangers strict full ROM^

full ROM Dips @ 60lbs

15x2=30

20x1=20

full ROM Dips @ 70lbs

15x1=15

Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x3=30

Back Squats

5x2=10

Military Press @ 155lbs

3,3,3,3,3=15

Fed X

Military Press @ 155lbs

3,3,3,3,4,2=18

from 7-16-12 later that evening

Fed X

BW Pull Ups

10x3=30

15x2=30

^strict full ROM^

full ROM dips @ 60lbs

10x3=30

15x1=15

Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x3=30

Military Press @ 161lbs

3,3,3,3=12

Military Press @ 151lbs

4x1=4

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 44lbs

10x4=40

BW Pull ups

10x1=10

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Dips @ 60lbs

15x4=60

20x1=20

Push Ups @ 60lbs

15x1=15

10x2=20

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 44lbs

10x3=30

BW Pull Ups

10x2=20

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Dips @ 65lbs

15x3=45

10x1=10

Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x4=40

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 60lbs

5x10=50

^strict full ROM^

Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x10=100

this was inspired by CrossFit Bodyweight Workouts #1 "Cindy"... planned to do As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of: 5 pullups & 10 pushups... but I had to leave... so I only made 3 rounds... did 7 more rounds later that same evening

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 60lbs

5x8=40

6x2=12

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Dips @ 60lbs

15X4=60

10x2=20

Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x2=20

15x1=15

20x3=60

Back Squats @ 191lbs

6x2=12

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 60lb

5x2=10

6x1=6

7x1=7

BW Pull Ups

10x2=20

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Dips @ 60lbs

15x4=60

Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x2=20

20x2=40

Overhead Press @ 155lbs

3x5=15

Kevin Oka

Just curious, why is it that you haven't tried including the holds in your workout? Like L-sit, planche, etc. IMO it seems like you're missing out on some great versatile strength work there. What do you feel about the gymnastics holds vs. what you're doing now?

-Oka

Fed X

I think that theyre awesome.... however I just seem to never find time to practice them... any advice other than what is already available on the site?

Fed X

BW Pull Ups

20x2=40

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Dips @ 60lbs

15x3=45

full ROM Dips @ 70lbs

10x2=20

Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x2=20

15x1=15

Overhead Press Pyramid @ 135lbs

1-5-1=25

Also I did an unweighted push ups drill using a deck of 52 cards with no rest

Kevin Oka
beasty boy said:
I think that theyre awesome.... however I just seem to never find time to practice them... any advice other than what is already available on the site?

I'm still relatively new here, so I don't have much advice to give. I did notice you don't do much core work, from reading all five pages, except a bit of abdominals in the form of leg raises and lifts. I'd suggest doing archups to work the lower back, and L-sits are an awesome compliment to core work. You can do those on the floor easy without rings or parallets, with a little innovation. Other than that, you could work handstands to replace OHP's and to add a stability portion to your workout.

Those are things I would add, but after all, you aren't me :lol: Do what you feel happy with, that's where it counts. You've made awesome progress doing what you've been doing.

Fed X

BW Pull Ups

10x3=30

15x3=45

20x4=80

Pull Ups @ 70lbs

5x2=10

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Push Ups @ 60lbs

20x3=60

25x1=25

full ROM Dips @ 70lbs

10x2=20

15x1=15

Back Squats @ 136lbs

10x3=30

Fed X
okaxmasato said:
beasty boy said:
I think that theyre awesome.... however I just seem to never find time to practice them... any advice other than what is already available on the site?

I'm still relatively new here, so I don't have much advice to give. I did notice you don't do much core work, from reading all five pages, except a bit of abdominals in the form of leg raises and lifts. I'd suggest doing archups to work the lower back, and L-sits are an awesome compliment to core work. You can do those on the floor easy without rings or parallets, with a little innovation. Other than that, you could work handstands to replace OHP's and to add a stability portion to your workout.

Those are things I would add, but after all, you aren't me :lol: Do what you feel happy with, that's where it counts. You've made awesome progress doing what you've been doing.

awesome

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 60lbs

5x5=25

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Push Ups @ 60lbs

15x2=30

20x2=40

full ROM Dips @ 70lbs

10x3=30

15x1=15

full ROM Dips @ 60lbs

10X1=10

Barbell Military Press @ 155lbs

3x3=9

Fed X
okaxmasato said:
Just curious, why is it that you haven't tried including the holds in your workout? Like L-sit, planche, etc. IMO it seems like you're missing out on some great versatile strength work there. What do you feel about the gymnastics holds vs. what you're doing now?

-Oka

http://looklikeanathlete.com/how-to-get-a-gymnast-body/

also Im not a gymnast... however I love calisthenics... gymnasts do calisthenics... so thats one thing that we have in common... sooo her I am... my routines are considered minimalist and are very much like the one described in the above link...

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 60lbs

5x3=15

6x2=12

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Dips @ 70lbs

10x3=30

15x1=15

full ROM Dips @ 60lbs

15x1=15

full ROM Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x2=20

15x1=15

20x1=20

Back Squats @ 155lbs

10x3=30

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 60lb

5x3=15

10x1=10

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Dips @ 60lbs

10x4=40

full ROM Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x2=20

from 8-8-12 later that same evening... I got real bored so I decided to bang some reps... kinda inspired by CrossFit Cindy & I think Murph...also as lof late Ive dropped Chin Ups preety much entirely in favor of Pull Ups... also Ive decreased the weight on my Pull Ups

Fed X

Back Squats @ 191lb

6x2=12

BarBell Military Press @ 156lbs

3x2=6

BarBell Military Press @ 151lbs

3x1=3

2x2=4

BarBell Military Press @ 161lbs

1x1=1

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 60lbs

5x5=25

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Dips @ 80lbs

10X3=30

full ROM Dips @ 60lbs

10x1=10

full ROM Dips @ 85lbs

10x3=30

Back Squats @ 191lbs

6x2=12

full ROM Push ups @ 60lbs

20x4=80

maybe some weighetd Jump Squats/Squats Jumps later on

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 60lbs

5x3=15

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Dips @ 80lbs

10X3=30

full ROM Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x1=10

15x1=15

20x1=20

thats it for Friday... just came back off of a big road trip & was feeling a bit under the weather

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 60lbs

5x1=5

6x1=6

8x1=8

10x1=10

^strict full ROM^

full ROM explosive Dips @ 75lbs

10x3=30

15x1=15

full ROM Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x1=10

15x2=30

20x1=20

Back Squats

6x2=12

Fed X

Back Squats @ 156lbs

9x3=27

Fed X

Pull Ups @ 60lbs

5x5=25

^strict full ROM^

Push Ups @ 60lbs

10x5=50

^strict full ROM^

full ROM Dips @ 60lbs

10X5=50