This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

beasty boy Work Out Log

Started by Fed X, May 14, 2012 · 587 Replies · 5,265 Views

Fed X

Im not a gymnast so I cant do any holds but I love calisthenics... My routine I guess you guys would consider basic strength? I always did pull ups etc but was never serious until last year... Feel free to give advice... Im interested in progressive resistance on push/pulls... Also higher reps on BW pull ups and 45 lbs... I may even go for Steve Proto or Tim Fergusons record... I would also love to learn hand stand work... Also ring work like slow ring MU's and Iron Cross and other advanced or even basic moves... I have a VERY! crappy Stamina 1690 power tower, pretty awesome Z-FO 60 lb Vest, VERY! crappy Altus Nylon Dip Belt & a home made pull up bar... also an Olympic Barbell that I keep on the floor that I use for squats and overhead pressing.. The barbell is actually 41lbs but I usually throw two 2.5lb plates on it to make up the difference... On squats I usually wear my 60lb vest for weight combinations to make up for any lost weight that I cant get overhead... My max overhead press so far is 175-180lbs... I plan to break a BW overhead press by the end of the year... I weigh 189-193lbs... Next belt is DEFINATELY! a Spud or IronMind... probably a Spud for sure... both belts are heavy duty but I hear that with Spud its easier than the IronMind to slap weight on... and has a 2ft chain so you can go really heavy with bigger plates... May even Get body solid angled dip bars & a free standing chin bar or a joist or wall mounted one... so yeah... Below is what Ive been doing since early April 2012 to give you an idea of what I do... I usually bang out every M W F

Fed X

70 lb Pull Ups

8*3=24

7*1=7

110 lb Chin Up

2*1=1

90 lb Chin Ups

5*4=20

100 lb Dips

13*1=13

60 lb Dips

10*1=10

70 lb Dips

13*2=26

15*1=15

60 lb Push Ups

13*2=26

10*1=10

15*2=30

Squats

5*2=10

Mill Press

5*3=15

Leg Raise

10*2=20

130 lb Dips

1*1=1

2*1=1

Fed X

60 lb Dips

20*2=40

70 lb Dips

20*2=40

Squats

5*3=15

60 lb Push Ups

10*2=20

15*2=30

Pistols

5-5-5-5*2=40

Leg Raise

10*7=70

70 lb Pull Up

7*1=7

Fed X

70 lb Pull Ups

6-8-7-5=26

85 lb Chin Ups

5-6-7-8=26

70 lb Dips

10*10=100

60 lb Push Ups

10*10=100

Hanging Leg Raise

10*5=50

Back Squats

5-6=11

Pistols

5-5-5-5=20

Overhead Press

5*4=20

30 Minutes Interval Running @ 30-40 second Intervals

Fed X

75 lb Pull ups

7,6,7=20

90 lb Chin ups

4,5,6,7,6,6=34

70-100lb Dips

10*12=120

60 lb Push Ups

10*12=120

Overhead Press

1,5,5,3=14

Hanging Leg Raise/Body Levers

10*4=40

Back Squat

5*3=15

Pistol Squat

5-5-5-5=20

Planned to bang more Pull Ups/Chin Ups but I got lazy

Fed X

80 lb Pull Ups

6*3=18

7*2=14

8*1=8

95 lb Chin Ups

6*3=18

5*1=5

85 lb Dips

10*7=70

15*1=15

60 lb Push Ups

10*4=40

15*4=60

Overhead Press

5,6,8=19

Pistol Squat

5-5-5-5=20

Fed X

85 lb Pull Up

5*4=20

6*2=12

3*1=3

95-97 lb Chin Ups

5*4=20

6*1=6

85 lb Dips

10*12=120

60 lb Push Ups

10*5=50

15*3=45

20*2=40

Overhead Press

5*3=15

3*1=3

Leg Raise/Knee Raise

10*2=20

5*2=10

Fed X

90 lb Pull ups

5*5=25

95 lb Chin Ups

5*4=20

6*1=6

90 lb Dips

10*6=60

15*2=30

60 lb Push Ups

10*3=30

15*4=60

20*1=20

Overhead Press

5*3=15

3*1=3

Leg Raise

10*2=20

Back Squats

5*2=10

3*1=3

Pistol Squat

5-5-5-5=20

Fed X

100 lb Pull Ups

2,4,4,4,3,4,3=24

45 lb Pull Ups

10*6=60

15*1=15

75 lb Pull Ups

5*1=5

22.5 lb Pull Ups

18*1=18

11*1=11

90 lb Dips

10*6=60

15*2=30

60 lb Push Ups

10*2=20

15*4=60

20*2=40

Overhead Press

3*2=6

5*2=10

Leg Raise

10*2=20

Fed X

95 lb Pull Ups

2*2=4

3*4=12

4*3=12

50 lb Pull Ups

10*2=20

35 lb Pull Ups

10*2=20

85 lb Chin Ups

5*2=10

95 lb Dips

10*6=60

15*2=30

20*1=20

60 lb Push Ups

10*3=30

15*3=45

20*1=20

Overhead Press

5*2=10

3*1=3

Leg Raise

10*4=40

Fed X

Military Press

5,3,1=9

2,2,3,3,3=13

1,1,1=3

60 lb Dips

10x3=30

15x1=15

20x1=20

30X1=30

60 lb Push Ups

10x4=40

15x2=30

25 minute run

Fed X

45 lb Pull Ups

10x3=30

13x1=13

5x1=5

6x2=12

7x2=14

45 lb Chin Ups

9x2=18

10x1=10

Fed X

85 lb Dips

20x6=120

25x1=25

15x1=15

60 lb Push Ups

10x6=60

15x1=15

Back Squats

3x3=9

5x1=5

Pistol Squat

5-5-5-5=20

Overhead Press

2x4=8

3x2=6

5x1=5

Fed X

85 lb Dips

20x6=120

60 lb Push Ups

10x3=30

15x1=15

20x2=40

Back Squats

3x3=9

Pistol Squat

5-5-5-5=20

Fed X

45 lb Pull Ups

10x5=50

5x1=5

8x1=8

45 lb Chin Ups

10x2=20

6x1=6

75 lb Chin Ups

5x2=10

6x1=6

BW Pull Ups

10x5=50

85 lb Dips

20x5=100

10x1=10

15x1=15

60 lb Push Ups

10x5=50

15x3=45

Back Squats

5x3=15

25 lb Sit Ups

10x2=20

1 hour sprint/walk intervals

Fed X

45 lb Pull Ups

10x5=50

8x1=8

5x1=5

35 lb Pull Ups

8x1=8

BW Pull Ups

10x6=60

8x1=8

45 Lb Chin Ups

8x1=8

Back Squats

5x2=10

3x1=3

90 lb Dips

10x6=60

15x1=15

60 lb Push Ups

10x6=60

15x1=15

Overhead Press

5,5,3,3,2,1=19

Fed X

45 lb Pull Ups

10x4=40

8x1=8

48 lb Pull Ups

10x1=10

60 lb Pull Ups

5x1=5

45 lb Chin Ups

9x1=9

60 lb Chin Ups

5x3=15

6x1=6

7x1=7

BW Pull Ups

10x5=50

95 lb Dip Sets

10x2=20

20x2=40

60 lb Push Ups

10x3=30

15x2=30

Back Squats

5x3=15

60 lb Jump Squats/Box Jumps

10x3=30

Fed X

80 lb Pull Ups next time I might use this as a ladder/pyramid set

3x1=3

4x1=4

5x1=5

100 lb Chin Ups next time may do 1,2,3 ladders or 1-3-1 pyramids

3x3=9

60 lb Chin Ups

6x2=12

100 lb Dips

10x5=50

60 lb Push Ups

10x2=20

15x2=30

20x1=20

Back Squats

5x2=10

Overhead Press

1x8=8

2x1=2

1 hour Run/Walk Intervals @ 1:00 minute

Fed X

100 lb Pull Ups & Chin Ups

1x6=6

2x8=16

3x5=15

45 lb Pull Ups & Chin Ups

8x3=24

6x1=6

^I made sure that they were all dead hangers at full ROM^

100 lb Dips

10x4=40

15x1=15

60 lb Push Ups

10x4=40

15x1=15

Overhead Press

1,2,3,3,4,5=18

45 minute Run/Walk Intervals @ 1:00 minute

its official... I think that Im dropping lower body work on M W F... Instead Ill just pick 2 other days out of the week and work on it then

Fed X

105 lb Pull Ups & Chin Ups

1x3=3

2x1=2

3x2=6

100 lb Pull Ups & Chin Ups

1x3=3

2x2=4

3x2=6

100 lb Dips

10x5=50

60 lb Push Ups

10x3=30

15x2=30

Overhead Press @ 161lbs

1x2=2

2x3=6

3x2=6

5x2=10

60 lb Chin Ups

6x1=6

45 lb Pull Ups & Chin Ups

8x1=8

5x2=10

6x1=6

Lower body training tomorrow

Vincent Stoyas

How does your formatting work?

beasty boy said:
105 lb Pull Ups & Chin Ups

1x3=3

2x1=2

3x2=6

Can you explain that one?

Fed X

reps x sets = total : pull ups & chin ups @ 105lbs... altternating between different grip under hand/over hand each time on bar

Fed X

Back Squats @ 190

5x3=15

3x1=3

Pistol Squats

5-5-5-5=20

Fed X

Prob bang more back squats @ 200 lbs later on today... Today I jumped on the scale and I weighed in at 189.9 lbs

Fed X

Friday Work Out Log... a light day

100 lb Pull Ups & Chin Ups

5x2=10

4x3=12

3x5=15

2x5=10

1x2=2

^strict dead hangers full ROM^

60 LB dIPS

20X4=80

60 Lb Push Ups

10x3=30

15x2=30

Military Press @ 135 lbs

10x1=10

9x1=9