Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When to eat what?

ryantherobot

Everyone seems to be advocating a high protein diet here. I'm curious as to when to eat these verse other things.

1. Namely after a strength workout its obviously important to eat protein. What about after a Run though?

2. Also in the morning I do a few pushups and situps but nothing major what type of food should I eat then? Is it better to eat a slice of wheat bread with an egg for breakfast or is it better to eat banana with cottage cheese?

3. Also after Martial Arts it takes about an hour and a half to get home and its fairly late (8:00pm) - since I'll be asleep in about 2 hours what type of meal should I try to eat?

4. Do you all eat more or less the same on your days off as you do on your days on?

Idealing still intaking a lot of calories, protein, fat and carbs will help on offdays for recovery. I will admit that I tend to eat less on off days when I have them or sleep more. However, overall recovery is slower when I eat less, period.

Bread and egg, cottage and cheese don't sound too bad. However, I am not off bread of current though it probably would be a good idea. Buttered toast is one of my cheats from time to time and I am not that HC.

With bananas some will say it's too much sugar. I rarely get too much sugar eating just one piece of fruit, though.

How long of a run, how intense? Still, a good idea to get some protein but carbohydrate replenishment may suffice. It all depends what has to be done afterwards. Work, sleep, physical activity?

As for MA, try to eat an hour or two before training your dinner, and simply eat something small after training. I've switched to trying to eat my dinner before training as I train during the evening/night. Afterwards I'll just intake some protein and vegatables but nothing similar towards how big of a dinner. Big glass of milk and some sort of greens suffice typically for me.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.