Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

press handstands

Nic Scheelings

Nic Scheelings

Little video i made last night of different press hs variations. I tried to go from the easiest to hardest versions I could do. Not quite there on the straddle planche press. Feel the technique has improved a lot, still a little arching at times, but the shoulder lean has definitely gotten less. My goal is to do it from a straddle L on the floor but the flexibility still eludes me.

azCNxm63Qcs

Nic one question just out of curiosity since im kind of almost there with my press.. how did YOU learn the press to hs? Meaning what exercise/drill you think that has helped you the most in achieving press to hs, and how long was the process?

I think the biggest limiting factor with myself is i tore my hamstring which is also limiting my flexibility a lot atm.

Nic Scheelings

Thanks guys!

Mikko to me I think the number one exercise is slow controlled negatives especially if you are already close. Some other exercise I found helpful are from L-sit pressing to a stand for reps, and another really good one is to press so your feet just come off the ground straddle them so they are just outside your hands and then bring them back together, put your feet back on the ground and then repeat. As you get stronger with this one perform it for reps without placing your feet back on the ground in between.

Hope this helps