Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rings in Power rack

bodyguard

Hello Gymnastics

I wanna start also with ring training.

I have a power rack but I am not sure if this is high enough.

The powerrack is 6,6 ( 2 metre) feet high and I am 5.9 feet (1.81)

Is this possible?

greetings from Holland :wink:

David Picó García

You can do a ton of fitness exercises (dips, flys, pullups, levers....), although you may not be able to do a basic routine with simple rolls, it would be great as conditioning tool for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I have my setup on a power rack but it's maybe between 7 and 7.5 feet tall. It's nothing like the real stuff, but for a backyard setup it works great.

Mine is setup on a power tower around 7 feet. I can hang the rings low enough to hang inverted with a straight body but you more than likely will not be able to do that since I'm 5'+.

The only bad thing about the short setup is the difference I feel when I get on rings setup with long straps and that instability.

• 3 months later...

I was also wondering about getting a power rack or something else to hang the rings indoors. The houses here in Japan are usually very fragile and wouldn't even stand a door pull-up bar, much less rings hanging from the ceiling or somewhere else.

It's really rare even to find parks with some bars, and when you find them, they are usually oriented for children, like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAYcP8oIlu0

I'm 176cm (about 5'9'' I think), so do you think a 2m high power rack would be enough?

Blairbob, could you please post a picture of your power tower? There are several models and the ones I've seen don't seem much appropriate for rings.

I was also wondering about getting a power rack or something else to hang the rings indoors. The houses here in Japan are usually very fragile and wouldn't even stand a door pull-up bar, much less rings hanging from the roof or somewhere else.

It's really rare even to find parks with some bars, and when you find them, they are usually oriented for children, like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAYcP8oIlu0

I'm 176cm (5.8 feet?), so do you think a 2m high power rack would be enough?

Blairbob, could you please post a picture of your power tower? There are several models and the ones I've seen don't seem much appropriate for rings.

My powerrack is also around 2 metres and I hold my knees bendend. It works well but ofcourse it depens what you want to with your rings.

I have just made a draw for a construction at the wall from steal. I have send this to the steal construction for a price. So, i can put my rings higher.

Take care

Thanks Bodyguard.

You can do a ton of fitness exercises (dips, flys, pullups, levers....), although you may not be able to do a basic routine with simple rolls, it would be great as conditioning tool for sure.

And what would be a good size of a support for making rolls, cranks, etc.?

Romulo, an ideal height would be one where you could be in a complete hang without your toes touching the floor and your feet hitting the point where the toes would touch when in an inverted hang at the same time. Actually, that's still not enough room as you should have enough clearance to be in a handstand without your feet touching the support structure the rings are on/over.

However, I would rather be able to clear my feet at the bottom than top as I can either stay straddled or tucked while in HS and that's is an ok compromise.

Romulo, an ideal height would be one where you could be in a complete hang without your toes touching the floor and your feet hitting the point where the toes would touch when in an inverted hang at the same time.

Sorry for the ignorance, but hanging from what position?

Like this

support2.jpg

Or like this?

scpo1.jpg