Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Adding Weights to Ring Training

Husker

Greetings,

Hope this question wasn't posted before, but I'm curious if anyone has added weight vests to ring routines once adequate strength is obtained to execute the WODs with bodyweight.

Is this something that end of causing more harm than good? Or simply unnecessary?

Thank you for your thoughts...

Respectfully..

Husker

That part I completely understand and I appreciate your reply. Let me take this a quick step further...what about working up to the amount you have to carry for your job? I carry about 40lbs on a daily basis give or take.

My logic is to train with what your equipment is...and be able to move in any direction with that required equipment. You can probably tell where I'm heading with this...just curious if anyone has strapped a 30 lb weight vest on and tried to conduct some of the ring training with it.

Personally I'm not there yet, but working toward it...thanks again!

Perfect. I appreciate the response. Key, like you said, is applying the weight to the disadvantaged part of the lever, not necessarily the core part of the body itself.

I'll give it a shot...still working through the bodyweight progressions so it will be a while.

Happy Training!