Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stuffing for Punching Bags

Quick Start Test Smith

Quick Start Test Smith

Haihai,

I am trying to find a safe way of stuffing my punching/kicking bag without using clothes. Clothes inevitably pack together and became too hard to hit with anything more than moderate power. What I mean by safe is something that will not harm me if I breathe it in in the case that some of it is expelled from the bag when I hit it.

I am looking for ANY kind of safe stuffing that's reasonably affordable! Suggestions are VERY appreciated.

Joachim Nagler

i think clothes are the softest material... i stuffed mine with it an been using it for quite awhile and i can hit it with full power without hurting myself. if you stuff it with something like sand you could just hit concrete instead.

but what you can do is to repack your bag and fill it with less clothes. that way it becomes not so hard and is a bit fluffy :)

Joachim Nagler

i just had another idea: you could use something like foam, but i think only foam would be way to soft, so you could mix it with clothes.

i also read that it matters what kind of clothes you use. if you cut down your old leather jacket and put it in the bag it gets harder as if you use something like felt which has a cushioning effect.

• 4 months later...
Quick Start Test Smith

I saved up and bought an awesome bag online. Shipping was expensive as hell but it was definitely worth it.