Hello,
I've started doing some basic gymnastic and bodyweight exercises and am looking for a bit of advice to help me progress.
I have a couple of, possibly related, problems and both are evident when attempting handstands (against the wall), tuck planches and pullups:
1) My left shoulder is much weaker or less flexible than my right, perhaps both. I felt a minor pinching pain here when I tried to move into the advanced tuck planche position (which I've stopped trying for now).
2) I find that my left elbow really doesn't want to lock when there is a load present. However, it feels the same as my right if I just extend my arms out whilst standing up.
Do you think I need my left arm to compensate for the weaker shoulder and therefor it's harder to lock. Might the elbow issue be resolved if I continue shoulder strengthening and flexibility exercises? Or are there separate things I can do to help my elbow?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
didcot