Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Displaying your location

George Launchbury

George Launchbury

Hi All,

I wonder if it would be OK to ask people to update their profile to display their Location. I'm not asking for too much detail, just even the country would be helpful.

Thanks,

George.

Not to be rude or impolite George but why do you ask?

I as you can see have no objection to people showing their location.

Regards,

Ed

George Launchbury

No worries, Ed ...nothing sinister!

As an example: If you are waiting for an answer from someone specific, it's useful to know what time-zone they are in. They may be at work, or asleep, etc. If someone's been a little "short on etiquette" in a post, I'm likely to give them a little more leeway if there's a chance that English isn't their first language - I would prefer to initially contact them via PM instead of a public telling off.

It's also quite nice to know where your favourite members are located, in case you find yourself in their neck of the woods and want to invite them for coffee!? :)

Cheers,

George.

We encourage you to register with your given name, however tasteful nicknames are allowed. If in the U.S., please list at least the state. If from outside the U.S., please list your city and country. Thank you for your cooperation.

Updating your profile to include a general location, helps us here at Gymnastic Bodies to better serve you in several different ways:

1) PHILOS0PHICALLY - The above quote comes directly from our Forum Introduction Page. This allows all of us to share in the fact that Gymnastic Bodies is truly a world-wide-forum where friends of all nationalities are united by a common interest in Gymnastic Strength Training™. As shown by the forum's user map, on a daily basis our forum members and visitors come from a variety of countries that span the globe.

2) PRACTICALLY - As a practical matter, requests have begun coming in for me to present seminars on my Gymnastic Bodies training methodologies. This is something that I had anticipated and planned for eventually happening, but I never imagined it would begin happening so soon. In fact, I am currently in the midst of setting up the first of these which will probably take place in the San Francisco area later this Fall (specific details will be forthcoming at a later time). These seminars, or "training camps", are generally extended multi-day presentations and hands-on workshops which explore all of the various components of my Gymnastic Bodies training program.

As more of these seminar requests begin to come in, the information provided by the daily user map in combination with an updated forum membership list that at least includes general location information (State if in the US and Country if outside), gives me a starting place for beginning to evaluate whether a request for a seminar in a particular location has enough local interest to make such a particular seminar viable.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• 2 weeks later...