Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Pre-Arrival Sale Has Begun!

Coach Sommer

Building%20the%20Gymnastic%20Body.jpg

Originally I had planned on making a first run of only hundred copies or so of Building the Gymnastic Body. I was personally pleased with the book, it is truly unique and unlike anything else available anywhere in the world, but I expected only a mild level of interest in its release. However within only a few days of my posting that the book would shortly be available, literally an avalanche of people expressed an interest. Due to such a tremendous response by literally thousands of people in obtaining a copy of Building the Gymnastic Body, it will be necessary to adhere to and understand a few guidelines and rules during this Pre-Arrival Sale to ensure that everyone who would like to be guaranteed a copy gets one.

1) The Pre-Arrival Sale will run from Monday, September 22 to Midnight on Monday, October 6.

2) Please note that ONLY those who Pre-Order will be guaranteed a copy of this first run of Building the Gymnastic Body. All others who order later after the completion of the Pre-Arrival Sale will be served on a first come, first serve basis for any stock that may be remaining after all of the Pre-Arrival Orders have been fulfilled.

3) Please note that once the Pre-Arrival Sale ends, there will be no new orders accepted until all of the Pre-Arrival Sale orders have been sent out later in October.

4) Once your Pre-Arrival Sale order is received, you will be placed in a queue and then, once the books arrive, all orders will be processed and shipped in the order in which they were received.

5) This is very important; all orders will be shipped in their entirety once the first shipment of books arrives. Individual parts of an order will not be shipped separately.

6) The only exception to this rule is the Xtreme Rings. If you would like to receive your Xtreme Rings immediately, then make sure to purchase them IN A SEPARATE transaction. This means that you will need to place an order for the rings, check out and then place another order for the book, DVDs or the package you have selected.

Xtreme%20on%20Ebay.jpg

7) The current sale price of $55 on the Xtreme Rings will continue until the first shipment of books arrives sometime during the week of October 20th. At that time the price of the Xtreme Rings as an individual item will increase, however they will still be available for $55 when purchased as part of the various packages.

8 ) The arrival of the first shipment of Building the Gymnastic Body is currently estimated to be sometime during the week of October 20th. Please note that this arrival date is an approximation and subject to change due to influences beyond my direct control (printer, shipping company etc.).

9) As you browse the online store, note that the package deals allow you to save tremendously if you are considering purchasing multiple products.

Pkg%202%20-%20rings,%20book,%205%20DVDs.jpgPkg%206%20-%20book,%205%20DVDs.jpg

10) All orders will be shipped out by USPS Priority Mail.

11) If prior to your order shipping out, you change your mind about your purchase, simply let me know and I will refund your purchase price in full. Be aware however, that once your order ships out there are no refunds.

Click here to go to the online store and reserve your copy today of Building the Gymnastic Body.

The response to the upcoming release of Building the Gymnastics Body has been staggering to say the least and far beyond anything that I had even remotely expected. I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone for their tremendous support and enthusiasm during the time it took to complete this project. Also thank you to all of the many forum members and moderators who have made Gymnastic Bodies such a vibrant and thriving community.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

P.S. I will begin posting the GB WODS on the main page once I have fulfilled the Pre-Arrival Sale orders.

I'm definitely going to buy the book, but could you enlighten us as to the content of the DVDs? Or is there a forum thread I haven't stumbled upon yet...

The Companion DVDs

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words; and in the case of a video this applies even more so. It became clear in the very early stages of this project that it would be quite helpful to provide actual video demonstrations in addition to the many thousands of words of descriptions and the nearly 600 photographs already present within the book; especially for those readers who did not already have a gymnastics background. As a consequence of this revelation, the idea of the Building the Gymnastic Body Companion DVDs was born.

There are five Companion DVDs available. They, like the book, are broken into the five main areas of basic strength concentration; static, pressing, pulling, core and legs. On them, well-trained accomplished athletes that I have personally developed demonstrate all of the 185 exercises contained within this volume in crystal clear detail. Please note that there are no descriptions, explanations or theory discussed on the Companion DVDs; for that aspect of my program the book itself is essential. The book, Building the Gymnastic Body, and the Companion DVDs have been designed to work together to provide the clearest possible tutorial for building basic strength as defined by the Gymnastic Bodies program.

5%20DVD%20Companion%20Set.jpg

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

David Picó García

Ordered with my real name David Picó (didn't you think my real name was Serotonin :P ).

Everything has gone right and received paypal email confirmation.

Just waiting!!! :roll:

David Picó García

I'm from Spain and just ordered it without problems. You'll find a list of countries when completing your address and a list of your province /state refreshed according with the country you've selected.

I'm from Balearic Islands a small islands in the Mediterranean sea, and they were also listed :wink: .

John-Paul Potter

Ordered mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same problems as alot of other people are experiencing but have had confirmation from paypal :)

Hmmm, I went through the process and paid through paypal but it sent me right back to checkout which in turn sent me to try and pay again with paypal. I got the email with the paypal transaction id but doesn't look like the site registered the order.

:cry: Still cant buy the book. Keep getting the 'page not found' error when I try to pay!

Thats what was happening to me. I just create a new account during the checkout phase.

All sorted now.

Yay 8)

Hmmm, I went through the process and paid through paypal but it sent me right back to checkout which in turn sent me to try and pay again with paypal. I got the email with the paypal transaction id but doesn't look like the site registered the order.

My order isnt showing up on my account either... money's gone from paypal though.

My order is the same way. Got a confirmation from paypal but the order isn't showing up in my account on the website. I definitely don't want to miss out on the pre sale.

George Launchbury

Hi all,

I appreciate all your concerns, and I feel sure that Coach will have the web team looking into all these issues - which, while not ideal, are not the end of the world.

PayPal will be having no such teething troubles, and if you have made payment for a specific 'item/package' through PayPal, then Coach will receive notification that the order has been placed, and the order will also be logged with his PayPal account. If you have gotten a receipt from PayPal confirming your transaction, then you should rest assured that it has been made successfully.

It seems that the problem here is one of transactions not being recalled in this site's shopping accounts ...not that PayPal transactions have not been made. Depending on the volume of orders that are going through, it might not be practical or reasonable that Coach personally mail everyone who has made an order.

I can see why this might be so confusing, and hope that this might help put people's minds at ease. Don't worry - you'll get your books!! :)

Regards,

George.

just pre-purchased my copy & got paypal confirm, i had to make a new account like the others who had the problem. super excited!

JUst keep getting a server error GRRRRR :?

"Not Found

The requested URL /catalog/FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART was not found on this server."

make a new account with new email. worked for me

Hey coach,

if you don't buy the book or DVD now

will there be more copies avalible in the

future or are you just making a limited

amount?

George has a good point; we need to point out problems without panicking. Coach is basing his preorder off the response he gets so even with the store issues I doubt anyone who wants to reserve a copy will be left out.

Woohoo, I ordered the book and dvds this morning and got the Paypal confirmation. However, like other people, when I try to view my account it doesn't recognise my log in details.

Logging In Issues with the Online Store

My apologies for the inconvenience. Most people during the Pre-Arrival Sale are having no problems whatsoever, however a few are unable to login to accounts that they have already established?!? I am not sure what what is causing this issue, but we have found that the easiest short term solution has been to delete the account(s) in question, which then allows the customer to re-register anew and place their order. If you are having issues and would like me to delete you previous online store account send me an email with your first and last name to OlympicBodies@aol.com. I will delete your online store account and then you should then be able to re-register and place your order.

Some people have for some reason also found it helpful to have set up their paypal account first, prior to beginning the online store registration process.

Also be aware that this same glitch is not allowing people to re-access their account once they have logged out.

In all instances, where the customer has received confirmation from PayPal that payment was sent, my PayPal account has also shown that the payment was received. If you would like additional verification of your transaction, you may contact me at the above email.

Please rest assured that I have forwarded this issue to my designer.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

P.S. The posts which were essentially re-iterations of the same technical issues have been deleted for clarity's sake. Remember that if you are continuing to have an issue with ordering during the Pre-Arrival Sale to contact me at OlympicBodies@aol.com

Originally I had planned on making a first run of only hundred copies or so of Building the Gymnastic Body. ...

"...1) Please note that only those who Pre-Order will be guaranteed a copy of this first run of Building the Gymnastic Body. All others who order later after the completion of the Pre-Arrival Sale will be served on a first come, first serve basis for any stock that may be remaining after all of the Pre-Arrival Orders have been fulfilled."

Hi,

I would just like to be clear about the Pre-Order Sale... I have enough in my bank right now to afford the book, but would really like to order the book and DVD Combo Package (I already own a set of rings). However, in order to do so, it would mean waiting a bit til my next paycheck, and I don't want to miss out on guaranteeing my copy of the book, so I'm sorry if I've somehow missed it somewhere, but...

Can you tell us the exact cut-off date for the Pre-Order Sale?

As in:

'The Pre-Order Sale ends at 11:59 EST on September 30th'

... and I'm going to laugh if that's when it does end :P

If this could be clarified, I would greatly appreciate it. As I said, I would like to order the book and DVDs package, but if I'm not going to have the funds available to do so before the Pre-Order Sale ends, then I want to make sure I go ahead and just order the book now.

Oh, one more quick question...

I noticed that some of the packages include multiple sets of rings... is this meant for those who will be working with a training partner, for backups if the rings wear out, or would someone training alone gain benefit from having more than one set of rings (beyond perhaps having to adjust the ring height frequently)?

Thanks much!