T-NATION has gone full blown gymnastics

Started by RatioFitness, January 20, 2012 · 86 Replies · 29,619 Views

Coach Sommer

Let's move on.

The continued criticisms in both directions, however well intentioned, are no longer serving a constructive purpose and are in fact detracting from the current discussion at hand; that being the growing mainstream popularity of Gymnastic Strength Training™. The audience at T-nation has evinced a substantial interest in Gymnastic Strength Training™, rather than criticizing their interest let's simply make sure that they are learning good quality movements and progressions, correctly demonstrated by accomplished athletes when necessary, and getting the most out of their effort invested.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer
Coach, I would be more than happy to serve as one of your reviewers, for all your material. :wink:

How did I know that this would become a common request once the cat was out of the bag?

do you think you will release a digital format?

Yes, there will be both a digital edition and a multimedia edition with embedded video.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

newguy5000

I'm also happy to serve as a reviewer Coach :)

Quick Start Test Smith

Haha, I would be willing to be a reviewer, too. FOR SCIENCE of course :D

j/k

The second edition sounds so good. Embedded video? Digital edition? Nice!

Joshua Naterman
Coach Sommer said:
Let's move on.

The continued criticisms in both directions, however well intentioned, are no longer serving a constructive purpose and are in fact detracting from the current discussion at hand; that being the growing mainstream popularity of Gymnastic Strength Training™. The audience at T-nation has evinced a substantial interest in Gymnastic Strength Training™, rather than criticizing their interest let's simply make sure that they are learning good quality movements and progressions, correctly demonstrated by accomplished athletes when necessary, and getting the most out of their effort invested.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Glad to hear that a dialogue seems to be opening. I posted to the T-Nationguys that I would be asking you whether you would invite Christian Thibaudeau and perhaps the authors to one of the next few seminars so that they could get some direct exposure to the material. At the very least, it seems that Christian is a decent guy. I have no idea about the others but Adam certainly put some nice words up regarding his visit to the forum after my mentioning gymnasticbodies. I think it might be wise to lock this topic soon so that there is a higher likelihood of a positive outcome from this recent conversation that I think is quite likely at te moment. I can see a few inopportune comments from emotional forum members perhaps causing problems that are unnecessary. Thoughts?

Also, if you ever want someone to do a final review of the completed 2nd edition I could help with that. I think that at least one person who started GB with no gymnastics background at all should read it from beginning to end so that any possible glaring omissions can be caught by someone with a more innocent perspective... Cole Dano has a careful eye and would probably also be a very good choice for this. Not trying to wiggle into the process, just suggesting that something similar to this be done because I think it will positively affect the final rendition of the 2nd Ed.

For the record, I think including a good bit of the prehab is a wise decision. I'm sure that's a bit of extra work, but it will make for a real blockbuster of a product. Seriously. The first edition was good, but done (in my mind) properly this could shoot far beyond Cross-Fit in terms of generating interest in a particular training method.

cccp22
Coach Sommer said:
Let's move on.

The continued criticisms in both directions, however well intentioned, are no longer serving a constructive purpose and are in fact detracting from the current discussion at hand; that being the growing mainstream popularity of Gymnastic Strength Training™. The audience at T-nation has evinced a substantial interest in Gymnastic Strength Training™, rather than criticizing their interest let's simply make sure that they are learning good quality movements and progressions, correctly demonstrated by accomplished athletes when necessary, and getting the most out of their effort invested.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

**************Well said.

Maddened

Coach, if you need a reviewer for the 2nd edition, I think there are lots here who would fit the bill.

But if you need someone to be the first person to purchase the new edition, I'm at your service... :lol:

(This offer extends to the other books in the series too... which I'm hoping you still haven't given up writing yet! Heh... :wink: )

Cole Dano

Thanks for the reference Josh!

Yes Coach still intends to write the other books, with one exception, he recently announced that Liquid Steel™ will be now incorporated into the relevant sections of the other volumes, starting with the Revised edition of BtGB. So in a sense Liquid Steel™ is coming out next, and least the parts that pertain to the work in BtGB.

RatioFitness
Cole Dano said:

Yes Coach still intends to write the other books, with one exception, he recently announced that Liquid Steel™ will be now incorporated into the relevant sections of the other volumes, starting with the Revised edition of BtGB. So in a sense Liquid Steel™ is coming out next, and least the parts that pertain to the work in BtGB.

usfiAsWR4qU

Maddened
Cole Dano said:
Thanks for the reference Josh!

Yes Coach still intends to write the other books, with one exception, he recently announced that Liquid Steel™ will be now incorporated into the relevant sections of the other volumes, starting with the Revised edition of BtGB. So in a sense Liquid Steel™ is coming out next, and least the parts that pertain to the work in BtGB.

Yay! Awesome news! Hopefully once that comes out, it'll start the ball rolling and we won't have to wait too long for the rest! Hope to get the 2nd edition by April for a birthday gift go myself. Heh. :P:mrgreen:

ASForum
Cole Dano said:
Thanks for the reference Josh!

Yes Coach still intends to write the other books, with one exception, he recently announced that Liquid Steel™ will be now incorporated into the relevant sections of the other volumes, starting with the Revised edition of BtGB. So in a sense Liquid Steel™ is coming out next, and least the parts that pertain to the work in BtGB.

For the record, I think including a good bit of the prehab is a wise decision. I'm sure that's a bit of extra work, but it will make for a real blockbuster of a product. Seriously. The first edition was good, but done (in my mind) properly this could shoot far beyond Cross-Fit in terms of generating interest in a particular training method.

I seriously wish I had this sooner to have prevented the injuries I got. Anyways, better late than never.

PS: I do a lot of work for Fortune companies around Strategy, Transformation, Roadmap, Corporate, Training, Executive / Management reports. If a well-read & articulate professional eye is warranted, do let me know :)

Quick Start Test Smith

RatioFitness - you have very good taste in music. 8)