Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Effects Of Low Rep Session Followed By Higher Rep Session

Bryce Warren

Eddie Stelling

Thanks man! I posted on my latest thread in the Nutrition Forum called "Diet while recovering from surgery". Thanks!

Daniel Burnham

I have been experimenting with trying to train the CNS more heavily in the morning and then train for hypertrophy in the evening. This is based on the idea that a very heavy complex movement of three reps or less will tax the CNS. (heavy weighed work, Hard statics)

In the PM I will do the same type of motions in the 8-10 range or if I am doing statics that day I will do it in the 15- 20 sec range. I also will use eccentrics at the end of the PM.

Example day looks something like this

AM

Weighted Pullups/chins(gym day) or finger assisted one arm chins (home)

heavy Overhead press(if at gym) or Full range of motion handstand pushups (at home)

PM

Tiger press

headstand pushups

wall walks

Rope pullups x 10

Behind neck pullups x10

One arm chin negatives - 5 seconds

This is completely experimental and I am open to criticism or any help you guys might have.

I have been experimenting with trying to train the CNS more heavily in the morning and then train for hypertrophy in the evening. This is based on the idea that a very heavy complex movement of three reps or less will tax the CNS. (heavy weighed work, Hard statics)

In the PM I will do the same type of motions in the 8-10 range or if I am doing statics that day I will do it in the 15- 20 sec range. I also will use eccentrics at the end of the PM.

Example day looks something like this

AM

Weighted Pullups/chins(gym day) or finger assisted one arm chins (home)

heavy Overhead press(if at gym) or Full range of motion handstand pushups (at home)

PM

Tiger press

headstand pushups

wall walks

Rope pullups x 10

Behind neck pullups x10

One arm chin negatives - 5 seconds

This is completely experimental and I am open to criticism or any help you guys might have.

This is actually pretty good as long as it is pushing you toward your goals.