This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120110

Started by Coach Sommer, January 10, 2012 · 10 Replies · 2,077 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Wrist Pushups

2x10 Cast Wall Walks

2x5 Pike Box Press HS

2x10 Straddle Box Press HS

Walking HSPU Ladders

Finish with 1x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes then start the Walking HSPU Ladders.

8 ) Begin with Box HeSPU; perform 2 reps then immediately do 6 steps of HS Wall Runs. Take a few breaths and then move on to Negative HeSPU performing 2 reps followed by 6 steps of HS Wall Runs, continue on upward through the HSPU progressions in this fashion until you reach the hardest variation you are capable of, rest 3-5 minutes and then reverse ladder back to the beginning. You will now have completed one round.

9) How many rounds you perform depends on the number of rungs that were in your ladder; e.g. you only made it to the first exercise, you will perform 10 rounds or if you made it to the 5th exercise, you will perform 2 rounds.

10) Adjust the reps in the Walking HSPU Ladder as necessary. If performing two reps at a time is too difficult, drop to one repetition of each variation. If performing two is too easy, increase to three, four or even five reps per variation.

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:

1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

2x 52ft+-/80 steps Plank Walks, feet slightly above hip height(2min rest)

2x5 Pike Press HeS

2x10 Straddle Press HeS

HSPU Ladders:3 Rounds, 6 wall runs between each, 5min rest between 1/2 rounds

-5 Pike Pushups 2nd step

-3 Pike Pushups(49in from wall)

-2 Full ROM dips

1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Notes:

-Everything very hard today...pre-reqs, Straddle HeS presses were super hard, Ladders very difficult even from the 1st round. I think yesterdays leg day just beat out my posterior chain/core. Ladders did get slightly easier as I went through, but not much.

Alvaro

Today I was a bit in a hurry but almost finished everything:

1x 10 wrist pushups

2x 5 cast wall walks

2x5 pike HeS press HeS

1x8, 1X6 Straddle HeS press HeS

3 walking ladders with 2 steps, box HeSPU and then to allow full ROM press with dumbells (14kgs each).

1x10 wrist pushups

Ivan Uzarevic1

Tanstaafl, did you figure it out what distance we have to cover with Plank Walks in order to effectively scale 2x10 CWW?? Do you preform yours Plank Walks only moving forward or do you move backwards also?? And how do you walk in Plank with feet slightly above hip height?? Sorry for posting so much questions but I feel I just have to scale CWW somehow since I can´t do more then 3-4 in a row..I´m planing to do my Plank Walks as described here: http://gymnasticswod.com/content/plank-walk

Or maybe I should stick with CWW and do 10 reps broken in sets?! I just don´t know what´s more beneficial for my improvement :? If anyone could share some useful information on scaling CWW I would really appreciate..

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU

Shoulder routine

Did: 1 x 10 Wrist push-ups

4 x 32 ft Plank Walks forward

2 x 5 Pike Press to HeS

2 x 10 Straddle Press to HeS

HSPU Ladders ( 3 rounds: 2 HeSPU Box + 6 Wall Walks Box + 2 HeSPU negatives + 6 Wall Walks Box + Military press / Barbell 5kg + 30 kg weight + 6 Wall Walks Box)

1 x 10 Wrist push-ups

notes: Scaling CWW with Plank Walks really felt great..my core was under attack :D ..everything else felt excellent and stronger!!

Brutus
ivan30 said:

HSPU Ladders ( 3 rounds: 2 HeSPU Box + 6 Wall Walks Box + 2 HeSPU negatives + 6 Wall Walks Box + Military press / Barbell 5kg + 30 kg weight + 6 Wall Walks Box)

I can´t afford to do wall runs. Haven´t got enough balance and power in shoulders to do this 1okSA32sFWs

Please can you explain how do you do wall walks box?

Ivan Uzarevic1

Just check in the book "HeSPU Box" position: "Elevate your feet on a box of such a height that your feet are horizontal with

your hips when your hips are piked 90 degrees and your arms are completely straight. At the same time, the hips should also be directly over the shoulders." Now in that position, simply do what this young man in the clip is doing..It would be interesting though to hear some other opinions on scaling HS Wall Runs! Since I can´t yet hold a HS against the wall for 60 sec. (which is sort of prerequsite for HS Wall runs), box variation of Wall runs seemed the most appropriate one!

Brutus

I have noticed in the video that when the boy does CWW places his hands pointing each other.

When I have done CWW i usually point my hands with the fingers away from me Is there a big difference doing them this way? Should I change the position of the hands?

Josh Schmitter
ivan30 said:
Tanstaafl, did you figure it out what distance we have to cover with Plank Walks in order to effectively scale 2x10 CWW?? Do you preform yours Plank Walks only moving forward or do you move backwards also?? And how do you walk in Plank with feet slightly above hip height?? Sorry for posting so much questions but I feel I just have to scale CWW somehow since I can´t do more then 3-4 in a row..I´m planing to do my Plank Walks as described here: http://gymnasticswod.com/content/plank-walk

Or maybe I should stick with CWW and do 10 reps broken in sets?! I just don´t know what´s more beneficial for my improvement :? If anyone could share some useful information on scaling CWW I would really appreciate..

Sorry for the late response.

This is from my WO log: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6646&start=150

Bobby B also suggested using furniture sliders which would work great I imagine.

TANSTAAFL said:
Bobby B said:
Hello. Me again.

I think I need to scale down to Plank Walks too but I'm not sure exactly how to do them with feet elevated. I get the feeling I'm missing something really obvious here. Also, was walking 36 steps just an amount of volume that works for you or is that a recommended amount?

Thanks again for your help

Hey, welcome back. I was wondering who was going to be the first to ask :). Congratulations, you win...the answer, before anyone else. Just to warn you it is very bootleg, but that's how I roll. I use a large rubbermaid container upside down(which is about hip height), then stack a few floor pillows on top. This slides pretty easy on my hardwood, but I put an old curtain under to help it slide even more. If you're on carpet you might be able to get away with just the bin with the lid on maybe...for outside(cement, etc) I would think a dolly on the bottom with anything you could stack on would work golden.

http://www.amazon.com/Simtec-Fun-Slides ... B0006MXPYU

I used to have a pair of these which slid really well on carpet, so attach them to the rubbermaid container or some substitute thereof. I believe they still sell them at target too.

As for the steps, that's just what feels right to me, and ends up being back and forth across the space I have to work with. I will probably start adding regular CWW in very slowly, but that's still a little ways away.

Thanks again for dripping in...or dropping in if you prefer.

Here is a another option from, The Slizzardman, talking about doing low rep sets and gradually cutting rest time between sets so eventually you are doing 1 unbroken, full set:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4925#p41410

Ivan Uzarevic1

Tanstaafl, tnx for response! As I wrote, I did Plank Walks and it felt great!! I really put my core under great stress! I´ll definately stick with them for some time..If I understood correctly, Plank Walks seem to be harder if I keep my legs on the ground (in comparison with elevated feet)..I think it would be the best for me to do CWW when they are put in between other FBE´s (WOD usually calls for 2 reps of CWW then, which I can handle), and to scale CWW with Plank Walks when WOD calls for higher reps..That would be somewhat between you and Slizz :D

Josh Schmitter
ivan30 said:
Tanstaafl, tnx for response! As I wrote, I did Plank Walks and it felt great!! I really put my core under great stress! I´ll definately stick with them for some time..If I understood correctly, Plank Walks seem to be harder if I keep my legs on the ground (in comparison with elevated feet)..I think it would be the best for me to do CWW when they are put in between other FBE´s (WOD usually calls for 2 reps of CWW then, which I can handle), and to scale CWW with Plank Walks when WOD calls for higher reps..That would be somewhat between you and Slizz :D

Definitely try it out. Let us know how it works regardless. I just ended up scaling to the Plank Walks for almost all the CWW, at least for now, as the CWW just killed me for the rest of the FBE.

I'm not sure about it being harder with feet on the ground though...I believe elevated legs would be harder.