Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My new diet

Joseff Lea

I'm planning on changing my diet quite significantly this year and would like some advice as to good food sources that I can use. What I have in mind is basically a traditional japanese diet, mostly vegetables supplemented with plenty of fish and some meat. Now the problem I'm having is that I have ahard time thinking up recepies which for the most part don't contain meat, anyone got any sources they can recommend?

Also is canned fish ok to be eaten about 3 times per week (I'm thinking dangers from mercury etc here)?

Apart from rice, lentils and beans are there any other staples that people can recommend?

If you have any favorite recepies in this vein of eating please share. Thanks

Fried tempura. Yumm.

Canned fish 3x/week is probably ok. If you are really that concerned look into eating vegetables that deal with heavy metal toxicity. Cilantro is one that comes to mind, I'm sure there are others.

Ahh man you've just made me want some tempura prawns so badly. I'm stuck at work though. Will have to see if I can get some nice prawns for next week. Thanks, I'm not really worried, just wondering if it's something I should take into consideration. Also started sprouting my own beans which make for a really tasty snack. I'm finding cutting out cheese to be quite hard as I love the stuff so much. I tried some trout eggs the other day, really really weird but still quite nice in a way.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.