This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111227

Started by Coach Sommer, December 27, 2011 · 8 Replies · 1,702 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Jump Rope

30m Sled/Tire Sprint

60 sec Jump Rope

20m Squat Jumps

60 sec Jump Rope

10 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x60 seconds of Seated Toe Point Stretch.

notes:

1) Add sufficient weight to the sled/tire sprints to make the sprints quite challenging; the running should be very strenuous.

2) If you do not have access to a tire or sled for sprints, then possible sled/tire substitutions include: perform the sprints with a weight vest, drag a kettlebell on the ground in front of you while you are sprinting backward, have a partner pulling against you during the sprint with a long strap.

3) Move immediately from the Sled/Tire Sprints to the Squat Jumps to the Depth Jumps.

4) Squat jumps should be done down a vault runway or extended grassy area. To perform the squats jumps, squat down fully and then jump as high as possible. Land, re-squat fully and touch the hands to the ground. This constitutes one repetition. Do not pause in between the repetitions.

5) Remember to focus on jumping high, not far. Continue in this fashion until you have covered the entire 20m of Squat Jumps without rest.

7) Attempt to increase the intensity of the Squat Jumps via a weight vest if you are strong enough.

8 ) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

9) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Samuel Carr

Would it be possible/appropriate to convert this to a hypertrophy wod?

Josh Schmitter
element3904 said:
Would it be possible/appropriate to convert this to a hypertrophy wod?

I know Coach has the WOD cycle set up to a T so I wouldn't mess with it if you are following them regularly. If not, everything is open, so there's that. There's post where Slizzardman addresses some adapting WOD's to hyptertrophy, I'll get back when I find it.

Found it, not the exact one I was looking for, but:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6631&p=59002&hilit=hypertrophy+slizzardman#p59002

Also here might be of some service:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4905&hilit=hypertrophy&start=15

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4828&p=40364&hilit=hypertrophy#p40364

Just found the one I was originally looking for...damn that took forever, but I HAD to find it :).

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5819

Kyle Devlin

So do I do the 60 seconds of jump rope in between the others... Or what?

Josh Schmitter
HollowDevl said:
So do I do the 60 seconds of jump rope in between the others... Or what?

Yep, 60s Jump rope between each.

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

Ido's Squat Routine

4 rounds/rx'd rests

60 sec Jump Rope

30m Sled/Tire Sprint(about 72 lbs up slight incline in wet grass)

60 sec Jump Rope

20m Squat Jumps(avg. 20 jumps, slight rest after 3/4 or 16ish jumps)

60 sec Jump Rope

10 Depth Jumps(off car)

Standard Leg day stretch w/ 2x60 seated toe point

Notes:

-Raining and a nice [degrees]37[/degrees] for this one :)

-Jump rope averaged 160 in beginning, down to around 130 after those squat jumps and as the rounds went on.

-Sled weight just about right for the wet grass, also dragged it back each time walking.

-Squat jumps are still an area where I'm not sure about scaling...as in should I just do stationary, do the broken sets like I did today, or jump more for distance so I can complete it without rest...just not sure what's best.

-Depth jumps off car in rain is always slippery and fun.

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU

Shoulder routine

Did 3 rounds:

60 sec Jump Rope

30m Sled/Tire Sprint (with partner pulling against me)

60 sec Jump Rope

20m Squat Jumps(slight rest after 10ish jumps)

60 sec Jump Rope

10 Depth Jumps

2x60 seated toe point stretch

notes: like Tanstaafl, I´m also not sure, how to scale squat jumps..I do them in broken sets! :?

Josh Schmitter
ivan30 said:
notes: like Tanstaafl, I´m also not sure, how to scale squat jumps..I do them in broken sets! :?

Yeah, I think any of the 3 choices(broken, stationary jumping, jumping for distance) broken seems to be easiest/best to progress with, as you can try to add another jump to your first set each or every other time it comes up. Stationary is easier, but you have to know how many jumps takes you the rx'd distance, and jumping for distance elicits a completely different response.