Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Workout Timer/Stopwatch

Quick Start Test Smith

Quick Start Test Smith

Hi, do you guys recommend any particular timer/stopwatch for training? I bought a gymboss about a month ago which I liked a lot, but it broke within 20 days, despite very careful use and staying completely dry at all times. Maybe it was a defective model, but at any rate, I was very disappointed.

Suggestions? Thanks :)

Bruno Cochofel
Hi, do you guys recommend any particular timer/stopwatch for training? I bought a gymboss about a month ago which I liked a lot, but it broke within 20 days, despite very careful use and staying completely dry at all times. Maybe it was a defective model, but at any rate, I was very disappointed.

Suggestions? Thanks :)

I have a gymboss also but I tend to use a PC application:

http://www.thefitblog.net/wod-timer

John Sapinoso

I prefer a metronome (or an online version), it also helps you maintain correct tempo

Quick Start Test Smith

That's a good idea, tsunami. I'll see if I can find a cheapish timer/stopwatch and also get a metronome. And brand/product you recommend specifically?

Quick Start Test Smith
Doesn't matter so long as it sets to 60 bpm (http://www.metronomeonline.com/ in the meantime for an online version) and you're sure that your training partner doesn't switch it to slower when you're not paying attention.

That would be a funny prank. Haha! :lol:

iPhone has some great aps, both for adjustable metronome and timer.

Ultra Timer also allows to set a delayed start and sequence timers as well.

I imagine you can find some similar aps on Android.

Quick Start Test Smith

I have neither. Haha! Besides, I wouldn't take either of those to my current training area... it's way to dirty and nasty. :)

• 1 month later...

Old post resurrectiong, but I use my Gshock dw5600e for workouts. Has countdown timer in second increments. Not many gshocks have that & it is cheap. Cheers, Edna.