Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The One Day Miami GB Seminar is now open for Registrations

Coach Sommer

GB Seminar graduate and GB Forum member Carmen Amara and her husband Eddie Amara, owners of the Carlson Gracie Miami Jujitsu School, are hosting a special one day only GB Seminar in Miami, FL. Coach Sommer's Gymnastic Bodies staff will be on hand to personally direct and instruct this one day event.

The seminar will from from 9am to 4pm and will be broken into two instructional modules; MOBILITY in the morning and FUNDAMENTAL BODYWEIGHT EXERCISE in the afternoon.

THE INSTRUCTION DURING THE MOBILITY SECTION WILL INCLUDE;

- the differences between passive and active flexibility and how to use both for your greatest advantage

- wrist preparation

- knee preparation

- hip preparation

- extensive work on the shoulder girdle and scapula in particular

- stall bar work

- weighted mobility series

Mobiity is the single largest component lacking in most adult fitness programs and also the component which provides the most rapid increases in athletic ability once it is properly addressed.

THE AFTERNOON FUNDAMENTAL BODYWEIGHT EXERCISE SECTION WILL INCLUDE INSTRUCTION ON:

- learning the fundamental static positions and their progressions (primarily Front Lever and Planche)

- planche pushups

- advanced dipping variations

- headstand pushups

- handstand pushups

- one arm chins

- rope climbs

- multi-plane pressing and pulling elements.

The pre-requisite steps for learning all of these extremely effective gymnastics strength exercises are essential and are thoroughy covered and instructed during this instructional block.

Registrations are now being accepted and spaces are limited: The one day Miami, FL GB Seminar

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Theodore Bushnell

If there was time/opportunity for a West Coast version that would be great. Or even a one day in Arizona with the one-day format, although maybe day 1 of the 3 day seminar is the same.

Just a thought.

cheers,

ted.

I have not yet updated the online store yet; but in addition to the bi-annual 3 day GB Seminars, there will indeed be a series of upcoming one day GB workshops at my Scottsdale, AZ facility in 2012. All GB Workshops will be on Sunday mornings from 9am to 12pm.

Here is the most current listing of the 2012 GB workshops and Seminars:

Jan 2012 - GB Balance Workshop

March 2012 - GB Mobility Workshop

May 2012 - 3 Day GB Seminar

(Mobility, FBE, Balance, SASS and Dynamic will all be covered in a single weekend)

July 2012 - GB SASS Workshop

(SASS = straight arm scapular strength; e.g. ring strength amongst other things)

Sept 2012 - 3 Day GB Seminar

(Mobility, FBE, Balance, SASS and Dynamic will all be covered in a single weekend)

Nov 2012 - GB Dynamic Workshop

Exact dates and comprehensive course content listings will be forthcoming in the near future.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

That depends. As young as 14-15 may attend if they are hard working and mature. Younger than that would probably be disruptive.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hmm, okay. I'm fifteen, and I think I am quite mature and hard working :) I'll have to think about this seminar, as my family, including me, is going on a holiday to America sometime in january, and Florida was one of the bigger candidates.

Parth Rajguru

Coach, would a One-Day seminar attendee receive the same discount as a May/September Seminar attendee if retaking or taking as part of the May/September seminars?

Thank you

Congratulations on getting Coach out to your facility Carmen. I'd come just to see you you and Eddie.

Congratulations on getting Coach out to your facility Carmen. I'd come just to see you you and Eddie.

Thanks Cole. You are welcomed at our facility anytime.

... Coach, would a One-Day seminar attendee receive the same discount as a May/September Seminar attendee if retaking or taking as part of the May/September seminars? Thank you ...

Yes, prior GB Seminar attendees will receive their normal discount. Please email me at CoachSommer@GymnasticBodies.com to receive your discount coupon.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer