First Steps

Started by pdiffley, November 23, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,279 Views

pdiffley

Ok so I have gotten a copy of BtGB and am ready to get going.

After reading Anthony Kings post on getting started (http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5265), it seems I should structure work outs in this way.

Joint and Mobility Prep - to make sure I do not hurt myself

WOD - FSP and FBE exercises scaled with the book

More Prehab Work - again do not want to damage my body

The WOD seems pretty self-explanatory; however, I am unsure about the joint and mobility work. I understand the Coach Sommer is writing a book covering this material but that it may not be out for some time. I would like to avoid any damage to my joints. What sort of exercises should I do for prep? I saw the video of some kids doing some warmups (

) , but are there others I should do as well? Also, Should I do the same exercises before the workout as after?

I am glad to have found this great resource and look forward to getting started.

Michael Miskelly

Do a bit of searching around the forums especially in the joint preparation section, you should find help in there.

Personally I do the wrist series you have linked before any ring work. That involves Wrist circles, fingertip push ups, wrist push ups and first knuckle push ups. For shoulders Ido's scapula and shoulder ROM stuff with a resistance band plus german hangs. This can be found here:

If your looking for squat related stuff here is his squat clinic video:

Also look for slizzardman's videos about shoulder health, you will find it useful too.

pdiffley

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.