Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coach sommer Bullworker and other isometrics?

Martyn Grant

Just wondering if you have ever tested some of you atheletes on other strength devices ?( not that they need it )..just to see how strong they are in comparison.

Tonight i got hold of old bullworker my father used to train with have been playing around with it.

I remember when i was 17 and was training in isometrics and bullworker everyday for around 6 months...my father is strongman and i was never able to beat him arm wrestle...but after 2 months of bullworker i beat him no problem...and felt like my muscles could contract very hard. Bullworker is not the best for isometrics..but it taught me what strength is.

What confuses me is that i could train everyday in other isometrics i used to do. Holds were around 10secs for 3 sets ..so 30sec total and i never got tired....but i was doing gymnastic static holds yesterday. e.g bulgarian dip holds on rings for 4 x 15 secs and i feel sore from it.

Is there such i big difference between static holds for 60sec total and bullworker squezzing for 30sec total ? ..are my muscles not working the same in both. e.g 100% contraction for time?

• 3 weeks later...
Joshua Naterman

Bullworker is much more stable with a much, much lighter load. All that stuff is great, to be sure, but as you have seen they are clearly not the same. There are angles you can work with one that you can't work well with the other. Use the right tools for the strength you want to gain.