Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

one day off the diet

Alessandro Mainente

Joshua Naterman

I was impressed with the detour bars too, they do taste pretty good!

I will say this, I do notice that I am feeling a bit more clearheaded. That's part of my motivation to stay sugar free for the rest of 2011. By New Year's I should have a really good idea of how this is affecting me and whether or not I will be as crazy about avoiding sugar in the future lol!

Again, this is all so individual at this point that it is hard to give general guidelines. I had an enormous level of sugar my entire adolescence and early adulthood, amounts that made other people as active as I was pretty fat and crappy feeling. I have a feeling that had a lot to do with my current state of being and perhaps why I am getting something out of the sugar 'detox' that others may not... I have considered this and think it may be likely. Then again, a lot of people have had a lot of sugar for a long time. Makes me think that we will all benefit to some degree, but that could be totally wrong.

I kind of think of it like alcoholism and cirrhosis... once you've got the damage and/or addiction, even small amounts can and will perpetuate the problems. In these cases it usually takes complete abstinence from the offending substance for very long periods of time to show permanent improvements, and to change the biochemical cycle. We do try to maintain homeostasis, and if we're used to having certain chemicals it can sometimes take a very severe change of lifestyle to break that homeostatic cycle.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.