Hi everyone! Been reading the forums and coming across a lot of good stuff about how to begin training and all but I think my situation is a bit unique. So a little background about me:
28 this year, born with a heart condition (fixed but no strenuous activities for me).
Not much physical activity throughout my life (see above for why).
A tad bit overweight (1.64m and 79kg; roughy 5'5 and 180lbs).
Strength and stamina are pretty poor as you would expect. 3 flights of stairs and I need to catch my breath. I can squeeze out about 30 pushups and 30 squats but I'll be winded, soft and floppy after.
So I read around and seems that most forumers here have been working out or play sports and/or are young so my question is, given my condition and restrictions (health and logistics-wise: I can't put up a set of rings where I live and there's no gymnasium around my area either), should I start a gymnastics program/routine?
I figured that it might be good for me because I won't be stressing out my heart with strenuous movements, but do I need to lose weight first? Do some other stuff to build a base?
Will a gymnastics program help me lose weight? And most importantly, what do you guys advise I start with or do?
My goals are to get fit, build strength and look good naked (heh) and seems that gymnastics could be it for me but I really like to hear from you guys what you think before I plunge into something. Thanks much, and sorry if you feel this is repeated, but I can't find anything that speaks to my situation. Thanks!