Newbie needs advice

Started by iwanttolearn, October 24, 2011 · 1 Replies · 7,535 Views

iwanttolearn

Hey guys, I've recently been wanting to start doing some gymnastic based exercises and I have no idea where to begin. I can do about 45 pushups and 15 pull ups. I exercise everyday but have never done any gymnastics exercises before. I have no gymnastics background and was just wondering where to begin?? Thank you in advanced!

viewty

Welcome :)

Best way to get started is to spend a bit of time cruising these forums - there's a huge wealth of information available!

However it can be a bit intimidating so I'll highlight a couple of particularly useful ones to read that should get you started.

"Getting started correctly"

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5265

Good overview of how to get started in terms of workout plan and some of the basic exercises to get started with.

"Structural balance testing and progressions"

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4301

This thread has some excellent discussion but also has a lot of great points from these forums highlighted in the first couple of posts. Alex has surmised a lot of threads and discussions very nicely.

With the WODs (workout of the day) would suggest start with the ones a week behind. This means that there's already some discussion on them with regards to scaling for different levels and can give you an idea of what's in store. Also gives you time to answer and questions you might have without fear of getting 'left behind'.

Otherwise, (to quote Slizz), do the work, eat the food and have fun :)