Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ask Forum: How long can you hold a Wall handstand

Alvaro Antolinez

Wait, so question.

When you do a Stomach-to-wall, only the feet should be touching the wall?? Even when your hands are 1-2 in from the wall??

I remember getting 1:30 back-to-wall with a pretty big arch. Stomach-to-wall, I get perhaps 40 secs if I really push it. I'm only starting with it though, so hopefully, the time will go up :D

Bruno Cochofel

After a 20m volume handstand work I could hold 1'20'', back to wall (only one foot touching the wall and I could see the other foot)

Problem was more a wrist issue then shoulder endurance.. Been adding wrist pushups on my warm-up set

Wait, so question.

When you do a Stomach-to-wall, only the feet should be touching the wall?? Even when your hands are 1-2 in from the wall??

yes this is percisly what you are going for

Archbishop o balance

I did a max test stomach to wall about 3 months ago, and came down crashing after 42 seconds, but managed 1 min 12 seconds freestanding 3 weeks ago. Might have been overly fatigued back then. Things are moving forward quite a bit faster after cutting down the volume a bit =)

Alvaro Antolinez

I just checked again back against the wall and the time is 2 minutes. Facing the wall is 1'40".

We are still waiting for some big names out there! 8)

• 1 month later...
Alvaro Antolinez

I checked this week and I was able to perform a 2'20"hold ( facing the wall), not a bad improvement taking into account that I have skipped 60% of WODs due to the illness of my son( hard flue that doesnt go away :( )

Still waiting for some other people's times... 8)

• 1 month later...
Alvaro Antolinez

Today they timed me at 3´10" wall HS(facing away from the wall). New PR!!! chinese gymnastic team here I go!( till 40 min HS on the wall I have some decades of training ahead :shock: ). Now seriously, I haven´t been training for max holding on HS, most HS word has been focused on free standing HS( between 5 and 10 sec more or less) and then the HS work on the WODs , that XR HS seem to be doing wonders for my shoulder strength!.

Andddd still waiting for some other times! 8)

Niklas Slotte

omegant, you're making some nice progress with the holds! Keep it up!

I held on Monday a stomach-to-wall handstand with the wrists somewhere around 5 inches off the wall for three sets of 60 s with 20-30 s pauses. It was a nice result as I haven't been doing holds longer than 20 s for the last six weeks. These were also wall supported. Though I can't say this came as a surprise, because lately I've been spending more time on my hands and done a good amount of mobility, prehab and stretching for my body alignment.

Alvaro Antolinez

That is nice!, I checked some months ago and facing to the wall was just slightly more taxing than back to the wall (when trying to get a PR). Try how much can you hold it!!!, not that it is that important, but it seems a good way to measure strength gains on the shoulder girdle (at least who can´t HeSPU for reps :oops: )