Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What should I not eat to reduce body fat?

Onyx Dragon

George Launchbury
In my training center I provide both, but it is a rare case that I let my leg rest and send someone to the lab, if you know what I mean.

Absolutely :)

I had a bit of a read around those concepts ...interesting stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

Best,

George.

George Launchbury
I find it quite hard to ingest "too much" food in its most natural form.

I wonder if this might be an indicator of how we tend to eat too much when food has been 'processed' in some way? There also might be the matter of it taking a little while for your body to adapt to breaking down raw food efficiently and/or comfortably ...in which case maybe steadily reduce the amount of cooking over time?? After all lightly-steamed is still a whole lot better than boiled-to-sludge!

George.

Great information presented. I will give my two cents to the discussion.

"Great minds think alike", I'll say, well you may not think I'm great but I'm sure you'll agree with me that Ido's pretty smart, I completely agree with Ido's notion of making everything as simple as possible. But, I do also believe it is a case of simplify and expand. One thing people do is simply and shorten which just pisses me off :x .

I just returned from school camp where the food was all carbohydrate based and processed, and no real meat, it was a dietary nightmare. I'm unsure as to whether I'm particularly carb tolerant, I think I'm tolerant enough to eat about 75-100grs of effective carbs a day though I have never really measured how many carbs I eat. Anyway I wanted to share my success story on a low-carb diet. Last year I scored an 8.10 or thereabouts on the beep test. For those of you who don't know, the beep test is where you run between two points (20m apart) and have to beat a beep which gets progressively faster it starts at 1.01 and goes 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, etc until it reaches 20 it gets to .10 before reaching the next 'level'. Anyway last year when I scored that I was eating pasta, cereal, bread, etc. This year on a Paleo style diet I scored an 11 which is quite a step up, I was not any fitter (at least not by much) I was eating clean and I performed while hungry.

Best of luck,

Ed

Ido,

I haven't been able to find it, but, you mentioned something about acne. You didn't delve into it, just mentioned it something like

'if your overweight and have zits your obviously not carb tolerant.......' anyway I'm 15 and like I mentioned in my last post I just returned from school camp, I usually have a few pimples here and there, coming and going but when I returned, I had a lot of pimples developing on my face. And they say diet doesn't make a big difference :wink: . Anyway could you please explain and expand upon how diet works in relation to zits, or foods to avoid and foods to increase to prevent/rid myself of pimples.

Gratefully,

Ed

P.S I've always a bit of a bad Paleoer (cheating, having a piece of bread now and again, peanut butter, etc.) but something about camp has given me a second wind.

Your diet has a HUGE effect on your acne. If you have a lot of acne, you should cut out all intake of grains, dairy, beans, and soy products. A Paleo-style diet like Idoportal reccommends would probably be perfect for you. Think meat, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. Drink water. Take fish oil capsules(about 2-3 grams per day). Take a zinc supplement. Use tea tree oil to treat popped or busted pimples. Also, saw palmetto has shown some anecdotal(but not scientific) evidence as an acne treatment. So try all of these things. I beat acne by changing my diet and I'm sure you can do it to.

The reason I reccommend a Paleo diet is because hunter gatherer tribes all over the world whose diets are not influenced by Western society show almost NO cases of acne whatsoever when eating their native diet.

Guest Ido Portal

StevenL has made some great recommendations. He obviously knows what he is talking about.

Also, this book is a must for anyone who faces acne problems:

http://www.dietaryacnecure.com/

Another issue if you are strictly Paleo is food alergy and especialy protein source variation. With a cyclical protein source paleo diet you cover your bases quite well. I've seen it work time and time again.

Ido.

Thank you both for your replies, especially you Steven. So, pretty much a paleo diet with extra zinc. Cool!

Ed

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.