Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The New BtGB Digital Edition is Now Available

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

After numerous request over the years, I am pleased to announce that the new digital edition of Building the Gymnastic Body is now available. In celebration of this project finally reaching completion, for a very limited time the BtGB digital edition will be on sale for $19.99. Please note that this is a substantial savings off the normal retail price of $44 and will only be available for a few days.

The new BtGB digital edition is available here.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Aaron Griffin

Purchased, and I've put the link out in the wild on reddit. :)

Coach, I do want to thank you for not crippling this with DRM, too. It's a great thing

DrAlexisOlson

Does the digital edition have DRM protection that makes it difficult to use on multiple devices?

I'd like to buy it, but I'll pass if it's locked to one computer or similarly crippled.

Adam Bodestyne

Excellent! Purchased it as soon as I got the email. Now I can carry the book around on my phone (c:

Larry Roseman

I guess because embedded videos were discussed in another thread earlier, i was thinking this would be a sort of an application.

After going through the recent posts I see that it's clear it's just a single pdf, so that was my mistake. I did buy it.

I don't feel bad about that and I expect to use it but was hoping for greater ease-of-use and functionality.

Is it not feasible to combine the DVD and PDF material into a basic application that links them in an easy-to-use format.

Or even place just links in the pdf to external content?

Or even have shortcuts from the table of contents and index to the referenced content within?

Is this feasible in a future release perhaps?

Aaron Griffin

I'm a programmer who used to work on a very high profile PDF library... so I think I'm uniquely qualified to answer this.

Is it not feasible to combine the DVD and PDF material into a basic application that links them in an easy-to-use format.

Videos ARE embeddable, but not in a real portable way. PDF/A forbids any embedded audio or video content - meaning that embedding these things could make the PDF unusable on a lot of devices / viewers. Even more to the point, I think current viewers which support embedded video are limited to Adobe technology and require FLV video format. But I may be mistaken.

Or even place just links in the pdf to external content?

External links are easy to do in a PDF.

Or even have shortcuts from the table of contents and index to the referenced content within?

This would be a great addition, and is fairly straightforward to do.

Bought it via Paypal. :) Now I have this in addition to the Physical Book and Xtreme Rings.

Havent downloaded the PDF yet cause Im gonna reformat my laptop this weekend. Hope it looks great on my iPhone.