Hi everyone, I've read BtGB and I thought I had the programming down pat. In the last section of the book, Coach mentions that integrated training is the 'most effective strength training protocol' described in the book. But when I read through some posts in this forum, I read more and the more I read, the more thoroughly confused I became. Rather than continue being paralyzed by analysis, I decided to ask for help.
Here's what I think I know about programming after reading the book and looking through this forum:
1. The FSPs listed in the book have easier variations listed on this forum that should be mastered before attempting more advanced FSPs like FL.
2. Move to a harder progression if you can hold a FSP for a certain time.
3. Mastered progressions should be maintained work for the prior progression is of course necessary and is most easily accomplished by performing a 30 sec set for each of the prior steps in the progression before beginning that day's focused work.
4. The L-sit and German hang are important FSPs to master before other FSP work.
5. It is necessary to master hollow and arch holds.
6. Additional HS work can be done on top of normal programming.
And here are my questions:
A. Is the WOD a total replacement for the integrated training program described in the book?
B. If so, is it better to jump straight into the WOD or build a strength base through integrated training first?
C. Should FSPs be practiced before FBEs in all instances as a warm up? For WODs, I can see how this makes sense, but would it be overkill to do the same for integrated training since you'll already do FSPs in integrated training?
D. What is the proper sequence of progression for the various FSPs?
E. Planche leans or planche progressions for FSPs?
F. Is it advisable to train lower body on a separate day using barbell work? For instance, running a modified 5/3/1 once a week doing squats and deadlifts.
G. How long does a typical BtGB workout take?
For anyone who took the trouble to read through this, I apologize for asking all these questions since I know that many of them have already been answered in other posts. Its just that firstly, I seem to become more confused the more I read and secondly, many of these other posts are somewhat old and I was wondering if the best practice has changed since the book was published.. Thanks in advance for the help!!