Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gymnastics Bodies Pictures

Matthew Mossop

Matthew Mossop

I thought I might find a thread on this considering the site is called "Gymnastics Bodies", but didn't see one.

I'm just looking to see what types of bodies people have built through all this Gymnastic Strength Training™. I know there's a picture thread, but that seems more dedicated to showing skills.

Anyway to start here's me. Most of my muscle is probably left from weights, although I think the gymnastics definitely has improved things, especially in my abs. Lighting for these pics seems to matter a lot... in some pics I look like total shit, in others I look really muscular. Anyway, I thought this was a decent one.

Why not, i have posted pics of my skill in the other thread so i'll post my body too here. :)

I'm all bodyweight/gymnastic training.

I've been training since littel bit more than 3 years.

I'm 165 lbs , 5'6.

TheSupersaiyan

268372_2151493948198_1271877910_2556142_5109060_n.jpg

Holy shit really? What moves can you pull?

Take a look at my youtube channel, facebook, you'll see what i'm able to do :)

And yeah as Vagabond said, i use weight but just adding extra weight with a weighted vest, ankle weight, or weight belt to my bodyweight exercice, such as Weighted HSPU, weighted pull up, weighted planche push up...

Matthew Mossop

Holy shit really? What moves can you pull?

Take a look at my youtube channel, facebook, you'll see what i'm able to do :)

And yeah as Vagabond said, i use weight but just adding extra weight with a weighted vest, ankle weight, or weight belt to my bodyweight exercice, such as Weighted HSPU, weighted pull up, weighted planche push up...

Impressive stuff. How long did it take you to get to that level? Also, do you find planche on the floor much more difficult than on bars?

Edit: Also, how much can you bench? Lol.

Impressive stuff. How long did it take you to get to that level? Also, do you find planche on the floor much more difficult than on bars?

Edit: Also, how much can you bench? Lol.

As i said above, a bit more than 3 years of training.

Yes on floor is much more difficult due to the pressure on wrist, but on fingertips it's pretty easy.

I have lack of wrist flexibility, i put my hands sidewards, forwards it's impossible for me now on floor.

About bench, no idea, i need to try it because many people ask me, and i have no clue ^^

ahahah Vass...i am at super sayan level 2...i hope to get you level one day

Good luck, keep training hard !

Matthew Mossop

About bench, no idea, i need to try it because many people ask me, and i have no clue ^^

Well if you feel like testing it I'd love to find out. I'd bet on a one rep max of 300 lbs.

Well if you feel like testing it I'd love to find out. I'd bet on a one rep max of 300 lbs.

I think i can do more, but wait and see.

Alessandro Mainente

ashita sure you can do more...now i am at straddle planche push up stage and i can bench 145 kg for 4 times...you got the full pl push up so in benchpress i think you can lift around 350 lb

Matthew Mossop
ashita sure you can do more...now i am at straddle planche push up stage and i can bench 145 kg for 4 times...you got the full pl push up so in benchpress i think you can lift around 350 lb

Wow impressive. How tall are you?

Damn ! do you benchpress often?

Now i wanna try it !

Alessandro Mainente

i am 174 cm, i do benchpress sometime to test my srength improvements, usually every 1-2 months i go in a gym and i test my best, during my training i usually do pushup with a friend on my shoulder who take in his hands some plates...put my hands on a balance for the weigth and is easy see what i can really push!!!

also for the dips i can do 4-5 reps with 145-150 % of my bodyweigth...

ashita try it...i think you are damn strong!!! in a article i had read that coach sommer says that a full planche pushup is similar to a 200% o bodyweigth benchpress...you can count!!! you are a beast!!!

also for the dips i can do 4-5 reps with 145-150 % of my bodyweigth...

Very nice ! You are strong !

How much you weight?

What is the harder pushing exercice you can do? or straight arm move ? do you do maltese? how are your HSPU ?

Alessandro Mainente

i stay between 77.5 and 79 kg..depend from how much i'm training..if is to much i lose weigth...now i'm mastering the straddle planche on the rings and decreasing the cross angle, is only a little bit of time that i started to train cross, for the rest i can hold full planche on the floor for 2 sec..for the hspu, in the full ROM (with head at shoulder level i did max 15-16 in a row at the door)...in a free handstand situation 5-6...for the 90° degrees push up i was able to do on the floor but i stopedp to train them for a wrist problem an i started to do on the rings, more similar to bowers!!! simple strting from hadnstand slow down in a pseudo maltese position (on the rings i can go more down than the floor) and revers the movement..

yesterday and the gym workshop to become a gym teacher the instructor told us about the multiaticular exercise and for the shoulder the best one is the hspu and he asked me to do some resp, i did only 15 resp without fatigue also the movements was limited by the head (i bent my head in so i can go more donw)...i was surprised really!!

so when i was come back to home i tried to do my best....i did 42 reps...3 months ago i was at 27 reps max..i think the 90° at the rings improve drastically the strength on a stable surface

so when i was come back to home i tried to do my best....i did 42 reps...3 months ago i was at 27 reps max..i think the 90° at the rings improve drastically the strength on a stable surface

42 HeSPU on a wall ? :shock:

You are strong, you motivate me a lot to try my bench, because i can do full planche, full pl pu, HSPU with heavy extra weight, 90° push up with extra weight too etc

Damn i think i can bench press around 150 kg ! i weight 75 kg, it's 2xBW :)

Alessandro Mainente

yes man...try it..because you are damn strong...or if you cannot bench press you can try a ppush up with someone on your shoulder...consider that in a push up position you lift around 2/3 of your body so in my case is around 54-55 kg...if your friend is about 80 kg as in my case plus ome plates you easily push around 140 kg...or more...for the hspu...i usually do one set of my best every training session sometime with 8-10 kg at the ankles..probabily also you can do a lots of them!!!

yes man...try it..because you are damn strong...or if you cannot bench press you can try a ppush up with someone on your shoulder...consider that in a push up position you lift around 2/3 of your body so in my case is around 54-55 kg...if your friend is about 80 kg as in my case plus ome plates you easily push around 140 kg...or more...for the hspu...i usually do one set of my best every training session sometime with 8-10 kg at the ankles..probabily also you can do a lots of them!!!

Yes it's not practical at all to try benchpress for me as i need to go at my friend's home, then he spot me in case etc and i need someone else too because him alone can't hold all the weight i'll put on the bar lol, i'll try weighted push up, but i can do free HSPU on p.bars with extra weight around 25-30 kg for 1rm.

Damn i wanna push that bar to the sky, 150 kg would be awesome while never practise benchpress at all !

Alessandro Mainente

you are not strong...you are "the strong".also i want to start how much is my 1RM in the hspu!!